TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am finding it really sucks to be a backyard mechanic when you can't afford all the right equipment to work on computer controled cars. Anyway, hopefully some of you can help me out. I have read alot of the previous posts on the P0174 Lean Condition Code but I am still haveing problems.

Background:

Its a 95 Thunderbird with a 4.6L, 75,000 miles, I have replaced the plugs, wires, and primary O2 sensors (the ones before the cats), cleaned the MAF sensor, checked for vacuum leaks, cleaned fuel injectors with a professional Champion fuel injection cleaning system (not the stuff that goes in the tank), and just about anything else you guys mentioned could be a problem.

Current Condition:

What's happening now is the engine won't free rev well. It bog's at the first tip in of the throttle from a standing idle and then will rev up in spurts after that, sometimes popping into the intake. While driving, a hard right foot on intial take off will be associated with a bog off the line and sometimes it will pop back into the intake as well, the power it should have isn't there and the transmission takes forever to shift due to the lack of power. A slow uphill climb in third (i'd say it was a 15 to 20 deg hill) at about 30 causes the engine to seriously bog and more throttle just makes it worse.

Right now I am looking at upgradeing the coils to the MSD Units to continue with the "throw money at it and see what happens" approch. Is there anything I missed, or have any of you had this experience and have any advice or suggestions.

Thanks in advance.....

·
Registered
18 Posts
i read somthing in the service manual about plug polarity
apparently cyls 5-6-7-8 use awsf32p
and cyls 1-2-3-4 use awsf32pg (platinum enhanced ground)
i switched to copper after reading several posts not so sure now?
ps u can use awsf32pp on all 8cyls.
anybody else know anything ?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts