TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just picked up a used set of saleen replica rims for my bird. they are painted or powdercoated. on one rim is has some specs of rust on it. that im trying to take off i know that on chrome you can use steel wool and chrome polish to remove light rust and was woundering if i could do somthin similer withe these rims. i got em for such i good price i figured i could have em powdercoated the same coler as my car if i couldnt clean it up. but figure id try and remove the rust because the other 3 rims are fine

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Wow. That was hard to read.

·
Registered
917 Posts
white wheels on a white car :thumbsd:

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
It is likely small flecks of metal from brakes that is embedded in the surface and rusting. My 2000 Grand Marquis has rust specks, in the plastic bumper cover. I use a claybar to get rid of them on the car.

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,357 Posts
white wheels on a white car :thumbsd:
:zwthstpd: White on white isn't too great in my opinion.

I’m sorry, but I'm going to play devils advocate here. White on white is the ONLY body color wheel setup (other than black on black) that looks good, especially with speedstars.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Maybe.

I’m sorry, but I'm going to play devils advocate here. White on white is the ONLY body color wheel setup (other than black on black) that looks good, especially with speedstars.
Maybe on some cars. I'm just not fond of using the same color as the car. Even when It looks ok, it's just not for me.

Anyway, Lowbird96 Lets see some pictures of this wheel blemish.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
well deffinitly isnt steel as a magnet does not stick... i might try to use this stuff befour i get to crazy http://www.theruststore.com/Evapo-Rust-Gallon-P1C1.aspx
i tryed takin a pic but the reflection off the rim make it impossible for the small speckts of rust to show in the pic ( on my crappy cam at least)
wish i could just use steel wool like on chrome

·
Registered
256 Posts
Interesting

well deffinitly isnt steel as a magnet does not stick... i might try to use this stuff befour i get to crazy http://www.theruststore.com/Evapo-Rust-Gallon-P1C1.aspx
i tryed takin a pic but the reflection off the rim make it impossible for the small speckts of rust to show in the pic ( on my crappy cam at least)
wish i could just use steel wool like on chrome
Interesting, Let us know how it works. Also, I can stand black on black sooner than white on white, especially if the windows all have a nice dark tint, and it's clean. lol. When did you paint your car?

·
Registered
256 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts