1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
524 Posts
hehe well, a little off. I think there more in the field of Onstar®. That type of roadside assistance.

·
Registered
271 Posts
if you wanna watch dvd's while the car is moving then thats not the unit for you casue currently theres no way to bypass it

but if you dont care about dvd's playing while driving or readjusting the navi while driving then thats a great headunit

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The big catch, hard to find feature about units like this is the car connection. GPS is nice, and something i would want, but i also want to beable to play mp3's, and more importanly, an error code reader. Something that will tel me what the CEL is trying to tell me.

·
Registered
395 Posts
yo you can bypass it. it is a motion sensor same like the ivad901 by alpine. it's a small ball that you need to secure. we've done it a few times at work. pain in the a$$. but over all i like the avicn2 better. it taps into your speedometer and you can set your guages on there to do multiple things. with the roadside assitance i dunno if it is monitoring the car and giving you alerts or what. not like onstar though that's for sure.

·
Registered
271 Posts
zacharyzmn said:
yo you can bypass it. it is a motion sensor same like the ivad901 by alpine. it's a small ball that you need to secure. we've done it a few times at work. pain in the a$$. but over all i like the avicn2 better. it taps into your speedometer and you can set your guages on there to do multiple things. with the roadside assitance i dunno if it is monitoring the car and giving you alerts or what. not like onstar though that's for sure.
i beg to differ about bypassing the N2

they have multiple things now like when the gps is detected that it is moving 15mph or faster it blocks the DVD playback...trust me, read about the N2, there are even pioneer reps that say you cant block it without a passcode from pioneer that only a very very small amount of people have

·
Registered
395 Posts
nowadays they keep making it tougher and tougher to play movies while driving but as long as you know what your doing it's possible. the only real problem i have with even trying to bypass it is that it is a 2000 piece of machinery and if anything goes wrong you are screwed on warranty and out 2 grand. my alpine was a big pain but i went ahead and did it and it worked. probably wouldnt bother doing it again. i'd say your best bet is if you wanna watch and drive buy a lower end model and add on gps. might be a bit more expensive but you can always hook it up to a brake simulator and wala tv while driving.

-z

·
Registered
600 Posts
we bypassed it here at circuit city for the display, i dont remember if it just grounds or you need a switch to put ground take it off and but it back on. i dont know about that 15mph thing though

·
Registered
395 Posts
yea we bypassed our display here also. first we tried just grounding it out and that didnt work then we had to rig up some switches like the alpines. people kept taking off the faceplate and we had to reset it a bunch. once we secured the faceplate i think we were all too lazy to rig it again so it's just navi for now. lol i might get to it this week.

·
Registered
271 Posts
heh im not gonna argue with you, like i said, once you break 15 mph it dissables it but i guess you;ll find that out the hard way if you buy one ;)

·
Registered
310 Posts
I agree with XR7, you maybe able to bypass it in the shop but once you get on the road you won't be able to watch DVD's while moving. The AVICN2 contains a gyro that prevents you from doing so. Just go with the Eclipse unit if you want the whole shabang.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Unherd said:
I agree with XR7, you maybe able to bypass it in the shop but once you get on the road you won't be able to watch DVD's while moving. The AVICN2 contains a gyro that prevents you from doing so. Just go with the Eclipse unit if you want the whole shabang.
Thanks...atleast someone knows the difference between the N1 and N2 :D

·
Registered
604 Posts
Oh and if you're looking for SQ, beware that the N2 has 2volt pre-outs.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts