• I am indifferent.

Votes: 9 20.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing a couple other threads go into people ranting about walmart, and the one about them screwing up the guy's motor from a botched oil change, I figured we need a walmart poll.

·
Super Moderator
7,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know, I clicked poll, but somehow it didn't go through. Maybe a moderator can fix that for me. The options I had were
1) I love it, capitalism at its best!
2) I hate it, and will never shop there!
3) I hate it in principle, but shop there anyway.
4) I am indifferent towards walmart

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
the most awesome store there is

I do all my shopping for my job there at least 2 grand a month
also all my personal shopping as well as shopping for my mom

whats bad about the place (if its a supercenter)

they have most everything I want and the prices are ALOT less then anyplace else

example mighty dog was 80 cents a can in stop and shop and 40 cents in walmart

I dont shop anyplace else unless its an emergency

and not for nothing who the hell would go to walmart for auto repairs

thats just common sense

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
OHHHHHHH you opened a HUGE can of worms now!!! LOL
I worked for them for 2 years. I was a great cake decorator, until the old bakery manager came back, then I was told I had to transfer deptartments or get terminated. I transfered to fabrics and crafts, and 2 months later I got hurt on the job. I herninated 2 discs in my lower back. I had to fight them for workers comp. I took them to court and won. Then they screwed me out of my full lump sum settlement. It was supposed to be around $40,000. By the time they got done screwing me over, I got $20,000, well after my lawyer got his $4,000, I got $16,000. I am now applying for disability, because the Drs can't fix me, and I was told by 2 Drs I was not a candidate for surgery. In my court case, I was awarded permanent payment for my drs and meds for my back, as long as it is proven that it is for the same existing condition. Well they are already fighting me all the way on that. I have a bill here for an MRI on my back, and it says that they refused to pay for it, so payment is expected from me. They refuse to pay for any good meds that will help me, so what I am taking is garbage, and really doesn't help that much.

Now if you just want my opinion as a customer, I would NEVER take my car to them to work on them. They hire any person off the street, with little experience.
I have purchased rancid meat there.
I have seen how the seafood and deli areas are run, I would never buy anything they serve there.
They use sweat shops for all of their products. I remember back in the 80's, they used to hang signs in the stores showing a new product, and telling how many jobs they had created. Now everything you see is made over seas, nothing made in the USA. So they got rid of alot of jobs and saved all that money for their pockets. They don't care about their employees, or their customers. The only thing they care about is the money they put in their pockets. If Sam Walton was alive today, it wouldn't be this way, right now he is rolling over in his grave at the mockery his greedy family has made of his empire that he built so long ago.

If you ever get the chance watch the documentary called "Walmart, The high cost of low prices" Everything that was said in there by employees, I can associate with, I have seen it, or lived it. If we could get people all over the world to watch this documentary just once, I do believe that alot of people would not shop there anymore, and we might be able to make a difference, and get this company to suffer severe money loss.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Yeah, Walmart blows. And the city I live in has three of them. WTF is up with that?
The more stores they can put in a city, the more money they can get from the city. This takes money from the more important things needed, like police, and fire dept funds which makes it harder for the city to survive. It is all in the documentary "Walmart, the high cost of low prices" watch it.

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
being a broke college student, I usually went to them because . . . well, they sell cheap stuff and that's what I could afford. On top of that, they have (had) the best price on handgun ammunition. I wasn't a fan of shopping there, but did anyway.

That said, I don't buy chit from them now. They got in bed with Bloomberg on his crusade against gun owners so F*** them! Sammy Walton is spinning in his grave fast enough that you could strap magnets to him and he'd generate enough power for my college campus.

Groceries? Going to Kroger for them now
Libations? Local store that has a much better selection.
Detailing supplies for the Cougar/Vic? Going to Advance/O'Reily's/CarQuest
Ammo? Going to Rural King or ordering from an online supplier.
Tools/Stuff for the home or apartment? Lowe's/Home Depot
Gas (Murphy USA)? Going to Shell or Thornton's. The Cougar and Vic both got crappier gas mileage with Wal-Marx gas anyway.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
I don't shop at wal-mart, and I tell people they are fooling themselves if they think they are saving money. Wal-mart is using the health care system to essentially make all tax payers pay for their employee's health care.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
That's nice. To bad nobody cares if it's a sanctioned word or not, they will use it anyway.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I'm glad to see I'm not alone in my hatred of them. It's amazing how they can turn places into ghost towns so shortly. Also +1 on watching the documentary. I own it and have shown it to many people I know.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Yeah, Walmart blows. And the city I live in has three of them. WTF is up with that?
You must tell that your city is small.

I do not like them. It is the only place that fighting over the illegal parking spot is a sport. Curbs? What curbs? Yellow lines, pffft I don't see em. The mentality is nuts. Actually went there the other night because I HAD to get some brake cleaner and they were the only place open. My wife laughed because I had to fight the car to get it to turn into the parking lot.

Rodney

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
the most awesome store there is

Whats bad about the place (if its a supercenter)

They have most everything I want and the prices are ALOT less then anyplace else.

Example mighty dog was 80 cents a can in stop and shop and 40 cents in walmart.

I dont shop anyplace else unless its an emergency.
:zwthstpd:

I have yet to understand why someone would spend twice the money for the exact same item. :2huh:

So my vote is:
1) I love it, capitalism at its best!

Let me ask you Wal-Mart haters this: If Wal-Mart was selling NIB KB SOHC or DOHC supercharger setups for $1000 each, would you say, "Heck no, I'm not going to buy that because I hate Wal-Mart!!!" :tongue:

1 - 20 of 81 Posts