TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Maybye this thread should have been at the exaust, but it became at Engine. The exaust or CO2 is too high. There are Oxygen sensors befor the Kat and also some sensors just after the kat. I need to get them right or I'm not allowed to drive the car on the street. The Gouvernment test is Sweden say a clear NO until I get it correct.

Is there a possibility to measure all these sensors. If yes, what cables. There are 4 cables in each sensor Grey, Black and two White. What values should I get? I know that I can buy new, but I would like to buy just the ones, which I need.

The car is a 94-T-bird with 4,6L.

Regards

Berth

·
Super Moderator
4,889 Posts
The front ones are used to handle the air/fuel ratio, the rear ones to check and see if the cats are working (their transitions should be slower and delayed from the front ones.)

And what you should do, with the 4.6, is pick up a OBDII scan tool that lets you read live data and watch them transition after the car is up to operating temp - measuring them won't do squat unless they're open circuit (or shorted), and you'd be getting Check Engine Light (CEL) codes if they were.

RwP

·
Super Moderator
7,480 Posts
Can you post all the readings? That will help us figure out what is wrong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts