TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get really sick of walking into the auto parts store and saying I need (blank) for a '92 thunderbird and wathing the clerk click PONTIAC on the computer screen. REALLY!!!! You work at an auto-parts store in America, you should understand the difference between a Firebird and a Thunderbird. That really grinds my gears. I want to steal the dude's job over it. It's not cool...I feel discriminated against....

·
Super Moderator
11,920 Posts
LOL. Yea, they're idiots.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
lol interesting, i never had that problem with my t-bird.

actually now that i think about it, that's probably because i automatically say 1997 ford thunderbird.

Sorta makes life easier when you give all the information.I work in parts and have people all the time come in telling me that own a 2005 toyota.............But have no idea what kind.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Sorta makes life easier when you give all the information.I work in parts and have people all the time come in telling me that own a 2005 toyota.............But have no idea what kind.
Its a toyota appliance does it matter what they call it?

·
Registered
4,407 Posts

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
LT-1's are slow.
Wayne's camaro can bury the needle in no time at thats 150+ in a 94 with over 100k. I'm not a Chevy guy but for a stock lt1 it whips some hiney! think about it in 1994 you could pick up a z28 and run a 14 flat at 101 mph stock from roof to the tires. not bad. :tongue: i love when he flat shifts. cant sit up till 130. i couldn't imagine riding in a 02 SS. yikes I'm off topic sorry fellas!

edit: poor car has been in a barn for about 2 years now. :(

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I live in a small town, and always (well usually) go to O'Reilly's.... I can walk in and they just start punching up "1997 Ford Thunderbird".. then as I'm leaving they ask if I'm going to to that burn out they've been wanting to see...
LOL come to think of it, they do the same thing at the local generic autoparts store as well... kinda like small towns!

·
Registered
893 Posts
Wayne's camaro can bury the needle in no time at thats 150+ in a 94 with over 100k. I'm not a Chevy guy but for a stock lt1 it whips some hiney! think about it in 1994 you could pick up a z28 and run a 14 flat at 101 mph stock from roof to the tires. not bad. :tongue: i love when he flat shifts. cant sit up till 130. i couldn't imagine riding in a 02 SS. yikes I'm off topic sorry fellas!

edit: poor car has been in a barn for about 2 years now. :(
Stock LT1 couldn't keep up with me. A nowhere near stock LS1 pulls away after 30.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Stock LT1 couldn't keep up with me. A nowhere near stock LS1 pulls away after 30.
:rolleyes: what? all i said was its respectable. to go over 150 in a STOCK car from 1994 is respectable. if you wanna be that way kid bring your pink slip.

But his Pacer has the Twizzler dispenser. :tongue:
his rabbit does!

·
Registered
466 Posts
:rolleyes: what? all i said was its respectable. to go over 150 in a STOCK car from 1994 is respectable. if you wanna be that way kid bring your pink slip.

yawhnnn...

another chevy with halfed arsed up wiring, an extremely unefficient forced induction setup, and lets not forget to mention a carb to top it all off.

You'd think after all these years of chevys that have been chasing fords, they would actually learn something about building an engine.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
i rather have a carb then efi...mainly cuz i frown on the idea every part requires a tune up for it on efi.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts