TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 4.6 and the trans only has gears 1 and 2 but when the trans or motor is cold I will barely be able to accelerate. I can press the throttle a little bit but if I push it down past a certain point the car just bogs out and slows down without dying. I don't know if it's the trans or the motor? But the problem disappears after driving for a bit. Any ideas what it could be?

·
Registered
370 Posts
the answer is probably obvious, but why do you only have 2 gears?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
"Poor performance when cold"

Oh, I see now ... :rolleyes: ... you're talking about transmissions.

I was going to suggest flowers, a nice dinner (or dinner/show), a little wine, some tender carresses, followed by ... ;)
... but that probably wouldn't help your transmission much. :tongue:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I posted the problem with the trans on here before but the only answers I got were telling me i "had an internal problem" and "we cant diagnose it for you" and "replace it". But until i get the money to replace it I've been driving it. I was hoping for help, not spam.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Well I posted the problem with the trans on here before but the only answers I got were telling me i "had an internal problem" and "we cant diagnose it for you" and "replace it". But until i get the money to replace it I've been driving it. I was hoping for help, not spam.
Not spam, just a little levity.

I don't have an answer for you, the description is too short. Now, a local real live mechanic might take a ride in it and be able to tell you exactly what it is, but he'll need the car so he can drive it cold.

The levity was free too.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well thanks for at least keeping the levity free. I would take it to a mechanic, but if I can't get 300 bucks for a trans, why would I have 70+ dollars just to have then look at my car.

·
Super Moderator
10,571 Posts
That's one of the clutches not engaging.

No way to fix it without a rebuild, but I'd be willing to bet you were told that on the transmission forum, right?

:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts