TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, quick question here, and I want a lot of opinions so I can figure out what I want to do. Have a set of heads in the head shop now, getting PnP'd. (NPI's btw) Now I am throwing PI cams in and topping it off with a PI intake. I was originally going to get the intake side portmatched to the PI intake and use the PI intake manifold gaskets (ovbviously). But my question is this (or concern rather) later on, I will be using these heads on a forged shortblock. With an Allen kit on top. Since the kit is specified for the tbirds/cats with NPI heads, the intake manifold/SC housing piece that bolts onto the heads is the NPI shape. So putting that on top of a PI portmatched holes would not really make any sense at all correct?? So what would you do? I wanted to get it matched to reduce turbulence and have a smooth flow since I'm going all out on the heads anyways, but I guess I could always go the RTV and NPI gasket route. What you alls think??

Joe

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I spoke to Scott at AED, in regards to the same concerns. I'm using a set of PI heads (with lower compression pistons) with my upcoming set up. He told me that in that case they would hand port the runners to match the PI heads before shipping at no extra cost.

Chalk one up for customer service at Allen Engine Development. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's awesome to know. I went ahead today anyway and brought the gaskets for them to portmatch the heads. Thanks

Joe

·
Registered
169 Posts
I upgraded to Johnny's old Rennigade ported NonPI heads from regular nonPI ones. Port-matched the AED myself. Mainly used an intake gasket as a guide, wasn't too bad. There's plenty of material designed into the AED intake.

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
The REV2 isn't port matched to the PI heads already?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
jordansypek said:
The REV2 isn't port matched to the PI heads already?
Apparantly no, the REV II kit will not "fit" as Scott fro AED told me.

"The 96 PI bird kit is not an issue. We just hand port the runners for the PI heads before assy. It is a no cost option since (we don't sell that many). It is still the Rev I kit since the Rev II will not fit."

Scott

1 - 7 of 7 Posts