TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i was wondering if any1 ever ported TB/Plenum on a 94/95 i searched but could not find. i going to soon be doing pi swap but just just wanna know if any1s done it. and i wouldnt cost anything.

thx

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have my tb ported and halfshafted, as well as my upper intake elbow restrictions removed. I can tell u that my throttle response is noticably better, but cannot confirm on any power gains i havent been on a dyno. i think the car pulls significantly better than stock,.im going to attempt to port my lower intake manifold as well wen i pull everythign out to replace my valve seals

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so not worth the time.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
i have the bbk 75mm for the aluminum early manifold you can not bolt the 75mm up without bellmouthing the upper elbow. nothing too lose its cheap but you wont gain much NA. the aluminum intake isnt really much of a restriction its the heads. The stock specs show higher peak rpms for torque and Hp versus the weak plastic unit. Im actually going to stick with this manifold and eventually mod it no reason to upgrade if your going boosted. Na this intake can be a restriction

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i going to not touch manifold or heads tell PI i was just going to have a long weekend and wanted to see if porting eather of them would do anything since its free and all.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Yeah I agree with the others. The early heads are junk and just mess everything up.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
how are pre 96 heads junk besides the oil comsumption problem with valve seals? and this thread isnt about npi heads its about porting of the first 2v aluminum manifold

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
how are pre 96 heads junk besides the oil comsumption problem with valve seals? and this thread isnt about npi heads its about porting of the first 2v aluminum manifold
They dont flow well and you cant put in better cams*

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ha..well most the heads and cam questions i allrdy new. i just was bored and wanted to see if porting the TB/Plenum would be worth it..but i see that it isnt so i ant going to wast my time.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
They dont flow well and you cant put in better cams*
your telling someone right now who has stage 2 cams on F4 castings right now with no other mods to the heads without any issues? so why again cant you put cams in? i just dont get it? i know that the F4 didnt get the lip in the combustion chamber that creates swirl but some have said to remove that lip because it prevents flow on the newer npi? (thats just what ive heard anyways)

·
Super Moderator
7,512 Posts
The issue with the F4 castings and bigger cams is that they run into coil bind on the valve springs. The F5 heads have the bottom seat for the valve spring machined down lower and have longer springs, so you can run higher lift cams. With a turbo motor, the lift isn't really necessary, so you probably have low lift/long duration cams in your car, which work well in a boosted car. However you wouldn't be able to put PI cams in the F4 heads. At least that is what I have read countless times on this and other websites.

Mike

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
thats may be very true never heard about that before ill have to look into it. the cams i have are barely over stock lift so i never worried about any of those issues.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts