TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the specifications to port the heads on my 96 v6, i would hate to bore out to much and destroy them.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
If you're thinking about increasing the valve size that would not be a good idea. Leave that to the trained professionals. As for just porting the intake and exhaust runners. Take a lower intake gasket and put it upto the intake side of the head and line it up right, then trace the inside of each hole with a scribe or something sharp. This line will tell you how far to port it out. Do the same with the exhaust gasket and the exhaust side of the head.
-Thomas

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Well there is more to porting than just size. Shape is a factor even more so. Most of your gains will come from the work in the bowl under the valves. Talk to RGR. He is one of the most knowledgeable porters out there.

·
8,978 Posts
Flex said:
Talk to RGR. He is one of the most knowledgeable porters out there.
Agreed, that guy rocks. PM him.

Flex, nice to see you're back and posting. I missed all your great info.

-Thomas

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I leave for a little while and they make some guy the Iowa chapter director, Go figure.

How's the car running man? Did you ever get the cam in?

·
8,978 Posts
Flex said:
I leave for a little while and they make some guy the Iowa chapter director, Go figure.

How's the car running man? Did you ever get the cam in?
hehe yeah, and I moderate my own Iowa forum too :D The cam is in the mail right now. I need to buy some ported heads (probably from RGR) before I install everything.

·
8,978 Posts
Flex said:
Thomas,
What does your parts car still have available?
entire front suspension, most engine wiring, entire body (pretty rusty) chassis, most of the dash, abs, arc shocks, m90 supercharger and ic tubes, tb, ic.
-Thomas

·
8,978 Posts
just the m90 unit? no rear inlet, top, or tubes or anything?. how about 150 plus shipping.

How do I handle canadian currency? Or could you send american?

-Thomas

·
8,978 Posts
sorry, forgot to mention that the front and rear bumpers along with the sc side skirts are sold.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts