TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i will be putting a pi intake on soon so i figured it would be a good time to upgrade the plenum and throttle body. i'm just wondering how difficult it is to port the upper plenum. i have no experience with port work. also how much should i expect to be charged by a shop to do the porting for me. also what would be the best combo, 70mm tb and plenum or 75mm? can the stock plenum be ported to 75mm? would you guys reccommend going with an after markt plenum over porting the stocker?

Frank

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
There is tons of info on Modular Depot on this.

I am planning on boring a stock plenum to 75mm and putting on a 75mm TB. I say boring because the stock bore is ~67mm, and 8mm would be alot to "port". I've been quote $50 for the boring, and I can clean it up and polish it myself. Just need a spare!

IMHO, porting the stocker would give you 90% of the gain of an aftermarket plenum, for half the cost. Just my take on it.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I bored mine out to 70mm and that was as big as I could go because there is a lack of material. The problem is you can't get the air flow to make a nice gentle curve like the C&L one. In the stock one the the air comes straight in and more or less hits a wall. I have the C&L one but haven't gotten around to installing it yet.

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
does the c&l one bolt right up or do you have to modify it to work? doesit need to be drilled too?

Frank

·
Registered
809 Posts
The C&L one needs to be drilled and tapped for one more vacum fitting, other than that it bolted right up. I can't feel any power power increase. I wasn't expecting to but it would have been nice.

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what is the extra vaccuum fitting for, the brakes?

Frank

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
i had my stock one ported i picked up 5hp and 8ft pounds of torgue and im useing the stock throttle body and had it hogged out .I noticed and good diferance in power with it i payed 150 to have it done at harderperformance 913-310-9898 ask for joe take your stock one off and ship it to him it will be a little cheaper to do it that way i had im take it off and do the work and then put it back on that's why it was 150.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Its a lot of work if you do it yourself without the right tools (drill press). I did mine myself and seen good gains. You have to bore out quite a bit of material, then sand it and polish. I spent a good 10 hours on mine....also polished outside of plenum-Rob

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea, i think i'm gonna go with the c&l plenum and either accufab or bbk 75mm tb. andone know where i can get the plenum and tb at a good price?

Frank

1 - 10 of 10 Posts