TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought Nine Inch Nails tickets at Rose Garden Arena in November.

Never been to Portland so looking for hotel suggestions. Would prefer something within walking distance to the Arena, unless I'm better off in a better part of town.

·
Super Moderator
11,920 Posts
You know, I know hotels in nearly any major city you can think of.... I could even make a recommendation in Portland, Maine. :tongue:

But the Northwest is an area I haven't been to much. Sorry. :(

I've been to Portland, OR but haven't spent the night there. Good luck in your search and enjoy the concert!

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bump

Are there any must see attractions in Portland or restaurants that I HAVE to visit? Have the whole day to kill, I'm sure the wife would like to do something.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cheap Hotel:

Shilo Inns - Rose Garden - Oregon
1506 NE 2nd Ave, Portland, OR ‎ 0.2 mi NE
(503) 736-6300

Not as cheap:

Red Lion Hotel
1021 NE Grand Ave, Portland, OR ‎ 0.4 mi SE
(503) 235-2100

Nice Hotel:

Crowne Plaza Hotel Portland - Downtown Conv Ctr
1441 NE 2nd Ave, Portland, OR ‎ 0.2 mi E
(503) 233-2401

One other nearby:

Courtyard Portland Downtown/Convention Center
435 NE Wasco St, Portland, OR ‎ 0.3 mi E
(503) 234-3200

Distances listed are to the Arena.

In Portland, if you have a day or so, check out Powell's Books downtown wihich is one of the biggest bookstores in the world. Because Portland does not have a library. If you like spirituality there's also New Renaisance Books. It is easy to get to downtown from the Arena using transit.

If you like beer, Portland's nickname is Beervana because there are many pubs that brew beer on the premises. But you had better like hops.

Portland usually has bad weather in November so sightseeing outdoors is unpleasant.

Any other questions?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts