TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bring the car home from Robs yesterday and begin to remove 5 months worth of Carolina tree pollen and pine sap from the car (not fun) and low and behold the brand new clear corner light is holding water! :zsoapbox:

Not just a little water either. I pulled the light and poured about a cup and a half out of it. Needless to say, the corner light is ruined and I don't have time to order another one before Carlisle. :mad: I'm just going to have to put it back on until I can replace it.

... Oh, and I'll see about posting some fresh pix of the car tomorrow.

Rob put a fresh set of 285 Nitto NT05R's on the car before I picked it up since the 275 Sumo's that I had in the back had seen better days ... :tongue:

Plus with the additional HP in the back a little extra traction wouldn't hurt either. :D

·
Super Moderator
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks yea, I found and am using the hand cleaner method. It's just going to take some time to work it all out. I'm going to follow up with clay bar.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I have an extra Passenger's side

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Well his car needed to sit out per Chung, as I believe Chung said around 60 some days for full cure, believe, believe it or not the crap on car protects paint lol just cleaned my truck which was 50 times worse than Ron's car and its meant, car cover may have worked if it was old paint, and I could tell u some horror story's on car covers which is why I quilt using them, Wayne had one on 1 of his 36 cars well it trapped the moisture and messed the hood up on one of his textured the paint and all, cause I used to use them

·
Super Moderator
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not a fan of car covers either for all the reasons Rob mentioned. Also, a lot of how well, or not, a car cover works depends on the quality of the cover.

I had a nice car cover once when I first bought the car years ago when I was in the Army and some low life scum bag stole it when I was living in an Army barracks. People would steal any and everything that wasn't locked up. I never bought anything nice that I couldn't lock up. The car cover was even locked up but it was in a community storage room shared by my platoon. I knew who took it too but they moved home when they took it so there was really nothing that I could do ...

My room mate once had a nice sweater stolen right out of his laundry in the laundry room.

The sap is coming off ok. It's just going to take some time and elbow grease. The pollen on the other hand ... :facepalm: that crap is so small it creeps into every corner. Eventually, I'm going to have to pull the tail lights to get it our from under the trunk lid. That nice yellow pollen stands out real nice too against my dark paint. :mad: I'll get it cleaned up eventually. I'm not mad at Rob or anything. It's just one of those things ...

The car looks great! It'll never be perfect and you only have a new paint job once - and that lasts about a week, if you're lucky! I'll take some fresh pictures later today to share.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I picked up a set of lights for my Accord a couple years back to replace my cracked ones. It was aftermarket stuff so I knew it was going to have crappy seals. As soon as I got them I applied RTV silicone sealant around where the seals are supposed to be and let them sit for a day before putting them on my car. 3 years later and I've never experienced any fogging up or anything inside of them.

Just an idea.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I just ordered some el cheapo clear corners from eBay ($35 new)... thanks for the heads up, I'll seal them up with silicone before I install ;)

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Thanks yea, I found and am using the hand cleaner method. It's just going to take some time to work it all out. I'm going to follow up with clay bar.
I generally use this to achieve tough jobs. I also have it in a smaller size (that looks like me) and a female variety but it doesn't work as well but I have to keep it due to a contract that would become too expensive to break. lol :D

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Yours is still to fresh lol looks new with no wear yet

·
Super Moderator
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Rob.

I'll try to keep it looking that way as long as I can.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Trust me that's one reason I had yours out of the way I'd rather it be super dirty than people walking all around it cause it would have scuffs all over it, so better dirty than scratched

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
Where's the bunch of smileys that say "This thread is worthless without pics"
yea for someone who loves photography/film so much, you'd think there'd be a full movie with captions and everything. The irony. :D

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Well his car needed to sit out per Chung, as I believe Chung said around 60 some days for full cure, believe, believe it or not the crap on car protects paint lol just cleaned my truck which was 50 times worse than Ron's car and its meant, car cover may have worked if it was old paint, and I could tell u some horror story's on car covers which is why I quilt using them, Wayne had one on 1 of his 36 cars well it trapped the moisture and messed the hood up on one of his textured the paint and all, cause I used to use them
Same here Robert I understand the issues. Only put mine on certain occasions ;)

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts