TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im back in business!!! got the car back from the trans shop this morning, im a little disapointed in it, it doesnt throw you back into the seat, instead it just sits there spinning the tires :D :D This thing ROCKS!!! it now spins all through first and halfway through 2nd, when it downshifts oh god HANG ON the *** end is tossed into the next lane. this is the way the should have been from ford. ive got to get the temp sensor taken care of ill be doing a temp fix by extending the dr side temp sensor plug and pluggin it into the pass side temp sensor. i wont have a dash gauge anymore but in the spring im putting in a real gauge anyway, or if the W&S Info center is done ill be getting that and that has water temp sent directly from the eec. so i wont need the stock gauge anymore anyway.

time for a sig change too.

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
I can't wait to get some funds and do mine! I suppose it could get dangerous when it kicks down and your rear goes into the other lane though. That will REALLY haul a$$ when you bring it to the track and spray it!

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
Finally..:rolleyes:

hehe, j/k!

Congrats, sounds like your having a ball with it! I am jealous!

:D

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GreenBird said:
Hmm...sounds like you'll need to drive a different car when it rains. :eek:
rain?? the only rain im seeing here is the frozen type. that white **** sucks.

trans was in for a rebuild, front pump, converter, foward clutches, we kinda f'd it up when we put it together and thats the reason for the rebuild

·
Registered
633 Posts
Nice!

How much for the rebuild? I'm gonna need one real soon (trans flush didn't help much)

That and a new TC:(

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RyanG said:
Nice!

How much for the rebuild? I'm gonna need one real soon (trans flush didn't help much)

That and a new TC:(
total bill was like 1300 ish.

also, i just realized why i was keeping the center counsol top, i need the cig lighter, if your not going to use that thing, cani have it back, if you do use it can i have your old one? please!!!

·
Registered
935 Posts
Vic, you still planning the road trip to the Rock next year? Man it will be my pleasure to see that baby run on the track. Sounds like to much fun. Reminds me of the time 1MTNCAT let me take the Kicken Kitty down the 1/4 mile with NOS! OMG was that fun, esp. when you hit 2nd with 4.10s and a shift kit, I thought I was going to go into the backseat!

Man that has to be so much fun!

-Tim

·
Registered
54 Posts
Congrats on getting you bird back to life. I'm glad to hear it because hopefully in '04 I will be doing the same swap and I was getting discouraged hearing about all the trouble you had. Looks like I should start looking for an engine hoist.

·
8,239 Posts
I bet your saying "its about time"

hehe.

Anyway, glad to hear its back on the road, try not to get a ticket with it, lol

Justin

·
The Band, not the Disease!
3,090 Posts
Bout time!! Lets get that thing up to US41 and make some 14's and 13's! =) My bird had an accident though.. I work at a grocery store and I come out to 2 big holes in my ride side passenger door. Ones on the top part, and theres a nick in the metal followed by a dent and then flaking paint =( the other hole is about a quarter in size in the plastic piece on the door. about 6 inches below the other hole. Sucks. =(
but lets go to the track!

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
Keith

Congrats on the new tranny!!! Can't wait to get mine done and a torque converter as well. Hope I get to see you at the Rock or one of the NMRA races. Be careful in the winter white stuff. Later!!

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
JustinH said:
try not to get a ticket with it, lol

Justin
to late.

failure to use a turnsignal. WTF is that about? the road i was on is a 2 lane that merges to 1 lane strait and one turn lane to the right and one turn lane to the left, so im in the far right lane that turns into the right turn lane, and after the dotted lines i merge into the strait lane, its at this point that i decided that ehh im going to go a different way home and turn left, so signal on get into the left turn lane, wait for the light and as soon as i turned the corner boom lights go on, its an unmarked impala. he says you didnt signal to make that first lane change back there on the bridge. anyway its a gay ticket but he said there just going to throw it out when i show up to court 12-31-02 new years eve day. wtf!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts