TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching for a 96 - 97 Tbird to purchase for a couple of weeks now, my 93 is wore out, and came across a Craigslist posting for one that is about a 4hr drive away or so, it reads:

1996 Ford Thunderbird - runs great - needs ball joints in front end to be replaced soon - AC compressor not working and power window motor on drivers side has stopped working. Please email me if you have any question. Payment can be made by cash, money order or cashiers check..... $850.00

I sent an email asking the mileage, engine size, and if the car would make a 5+hr trip safely and reliable. Going by the above post, taking into consideration it needs ball joints, AC compressor & a window motor, providing the mileage isnt 175k+ & a V6, in your honest opinion would it be worth the $850?

Thanks for any opinions / suggestions,

Mark

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I would say that's a reasonable price if it's not a rusted out ****box. I've been trying to find a van for my wife under 2K and there's nothing that's decent so to find something that runs/drives for under 1K is good.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nah the pictures show the exterior in great shape & was told there are no rips, stains or tears in the interior

1 - 7 of 7 Posts