TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn it..
Got my 98 lsc finally going,went to turn on vents and like nothing comes out...barely any heat leaks from them..i can hear my blend door move n stuff..
Blower motor ? Hard job? I wouldn't care as the little it works is fine for me but my wife will be having to use it with the kids for a month.

·
Registered
404 Posts
It's been a while but my 97 did this after a rain storm. Found a very small leak and water was dripping right on my control module. When I say small I mean a small. Look up from the passenger side floor board and you'll see the module. I replaced mine with a spare but if yours is wet you may be able to dry it out. But before I did anything I would check for voltage going to the motor itself. I would work my way back from there.

·
Banned
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While I was in the passenger seat of I kick the bottom of the glove box (not hard) it makes it start blowing strong...wtf?

So I been teaching the wife how to drive the mark today,she only ever drove 4x4 jeeps so taught her the Trac control stuff and how to properly spin the tires in deep snow to not get stuck..lol now she said she wants to run it at the track...lol 10min of driving it she fell in love, lol I might be out a car now..lol I am.she took it home and I'm here carless.

·
Super Moderator
17,165 Posts
I would start by checking the connections of both the blower controller and the blower motor itself for looseness, corrosion or signs of overheating, as well as give the wires the wiggle test(you already somewhat did this by kicking it and seeing the result, now just isolate the source).

If it's not a connection or wiring fault it's more likely the blower controller than it is the motor, which mostly just make annoying noises typical of any fan when they start to go bad.

Just for clarification, when you say hardly any air is coming out of the vents, you don't hear the blower working much either, right?

·
Banned
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would start by checking the connections of both the blower controller and the blower motor itself for looseness, corrosion or signs of overheating, as well as give the wires the wiggle test(you already somewhat did this by kicking it and seeing the result, now just isolate the source).

If it's not a connection or wiring fault it's more likely the blower controller than it is the motor, which mostly just make annoying noises typical of any fan when they start to go bad.

Just for clarification, when you say hardly any air is coming out of the vents, you don't hear the blower working much either, right?
Exacly..the blower motor wasn't on and just residual heat was coming out or the motor was so low I couldn't hear it..
But after giving it the Fonz effect the motor flipped rite on..so I bet a bad or corroded connections from dumbasses not kicking off their shoes before they get in and probably have some corroded terminals above..
Might as well get into it down there since I need to drop my ecu for the moates chips I will be ordering..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts