TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,516 Posts
Physically, yes it will fit. However I'm sorry to say that this type of swap is one of those things that falls into the "if you have to ask, you aren't ready to do it" category.

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
I think it will fit physically, and if you are serious about doing this then go for it. You'll have to overcome a few issues as you go along, but there is nothing stopping you outright.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
man if i get this thing in there my car should become damn near unstoppable, except for passing gas stations :( but oooooohhh man is 575hp and 625 ft/lbs worth it? you bet it is

·
Registered
466 Posts
man if i get this thing in there my car should become damn near unstoppable, except for passing gas stations :( but oooooohhh man is 575hp and 625 ft/lbs worth it? you bet it is

I'm still going with....if you have to ask, you cant make it happen. will it fit, yes. Is it worth the trouble IMHO? no. The only motor id swap over is a pushrod..small block.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm still going with....if you have to ask, you cant make it happen. will it fit, yes. Is it worth the trouble IMHO? no. The only motor id swap over is a pushrod..small block.
and this is your opinion, i know my mechanical and fabrication skills sir. and as you said in your honest opinion no its not worth the trouble, but thats your opinion, to each his own. if you favor a small block then thats your preferance. but to me the displacement alone is worth the swap.

·
SuperNewbie
2,869 Posts
would it be possible for a 460 cobra jet motor to fit in place of my 4.6 in my 94?
One of my local club members(90SC460) did it. The 460 is physically smaller than a 4.6. I dont think he had that much trouble, cause there really wasnt that much fabrication involved. If you go carbureted versus EFI, it really wouldnt be that hard. However I'm only going on what he told me.

Now i dont know your skill level in regards to cars. So that would make a difference on how difficult of a project it would be for you. But its doable.
Send 90SC460 a PM, he'd be happy to tell you all about it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
It will take some modifcation to the A/C removel and radiator relocasion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts