TCCoA Forums banner

Possible exhaust upgrade?

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  irvin 
#1 ·
Is there any kind of quiet yet high efficiency exhaust upgrade for my 4.6 Bird? Not looking for loud stuff because I don't want to disturb my neighbor or myself. Doesn't have to be super racy stuff but a decent exhaust with less restriction. Any suggestion?

#2 ·
Trubenz mandrel bent exhaust, Magnaflow high flow cats, and a nice set of quiet mufflers in the back.

Mufflers, I'm not too sure on myself.

RwP

#7 ·
what years are you talking about?anyone try the truebendz with walker quiet flow ss mufflers? what is involved in
fitting the tbz pipes. do you cut off at the resonator and install the h pipe. just a plug and play so to speak ? 2.25" big enuff ?. thank you for any info. power gain or mileage increase?

#8 ·
I wouldn't go less than 2.5". More flow is better, and I'd stay away from the Walker stuff. Unless it's changed, they make cheap low quality muffs. If you want to keep cost down, maybe thrush would be a bit better. Dynomax after that. If you want the best quality Magnaflow is right up there, as is Borla. I personally like Flowmaster, but everyone will say they cost you power. Corsa is my favorite, but they don't sell mufflers separate from their car back kits. Of course they don't have one for our cars.

#9 ·
Personally, I would stick with dual 2.25" with a stock 94. It still flows quite a bit more than the stock system. Larger pipes = louder.

And I would count on a zero percent gain in gas mileage. Although it seems like it would make the car more fuel efficient, those kind of things rarely pan out in gas mileage. Maybe on an old carbureted car it would.

Al

Reactions: Trunk Monkey
#10 ·
no listing anymore for dynomax catback unless i missed it on rock auto. they were also listing walker
quiet floww ss mufflers and they disappeared. maybe im getting senile. i do want stock looking mufflers, not universal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.