TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my folks will be out of town june 19th through 24th, so if anyone needs a jmod or transgo installed, come out to my house in missouri city that week. i already have like 4 or 5 people interested, and i want those interested to let me know on a day and time they would like to have this done. im hoping that i can have no more than two cars over per day, so i dont end up helping with like 4 cars in one day. i get home from work around 6 in the evening, so after then would be good. i have helped with a jmod and transgo install, so i have a good idea of how to do it. if anyone has any jmod install experience, come on out too.

whoever is interested, find out what you need to buy and bring it with you. make sure you get EVERYTHING you need, including a tranny cooler and everything to install that. i want to keep the autozone trips to a minimum. if anyone wants to bring their tools, jacks, drain pans, etc., that would help out too. i need someone to bring a good torque wrench too. for the drill bits, put your money together and talk to dan newman, and buy one or two sets. im sure these bits can be reused, and it would be dumb for everyone to bring a set of bits.

post up a day and time, after 6pm.

·
Texas Chapter Director
5,173 Posts
A friday or saturday for me. let me know for sure so i can get the tranny cooler this weekend from steve

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
2 cars a day mike? That WEAK!. :D

You've there when I've had 2 thunderbirds torn down in the garage and another in the driveway...good times, working on 3 cars at once. And don't forget the q-tip trick on any transgo you do, or you'll spend all day on that one valve, just like we did. Remember?

Spend the $8-10 for the drill bits for yourself, and go pick up a 1/4" drive i-lb torque wrench from Harbor Freight. $25, and its served me well many many times.

·
Registered
635 Posts
true true. Drill bits are cheap and the 1/4 i-lb torque wrench is just worth the investment. Jmods are cake, you will be surprised too. Have fun with that.

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
oxide said:
Bah why can't you live in DFW :D
Drive. Oscar drove 7+ hours one way, twice, for me to break his cougar down and show it who's boss... :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
AverageJoe said:
Drive. Oscar drove 7+ hours one way, twice, for me to break his cougar down and show it who's boss... :D
That's a bit of a drive, I'll probably just wait till there is something similar in DFW or something. Plus If I drive to Houston, I'd have to take the Z28 to visit HRP :)

·
6,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited by Moderator)
I thought these bits are rare and kind of expensive.

anywho, im not working on more than 2 cars a day when im working full time, 8 to 6. too risky for problems to come up.

chris, friday may be cutting it too close. can you roll down during the week?

·
Texas Chapter Director
5,173 Posts
Oxide, You should come out to Houston. I know we can get a few birds to go to HRP.
Mike, not sure about during the week cuz I never know my hours. I do know I will have time off in the middle of the June so the company van can get repainted. Hopefully it will be that same week. Hit me up about this weekend.

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
big mike said:
I thought these bits are rare and kind of expensive.

anywho, im not working on more than 2 cars a day when im working full time, 8 to 6. too risky for problems to come up.

chris, friday may be cutting it too close. can you roll down during the week?
I made that post as suggestion and humor.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Big Mike, I wish you lived closer to Kansas! I need someone with J-Mod experience to help out with a J-mod on my car.

·
Texas Chapter Director
5,173 Posts
Oxide, the last saturday of the month we should be taking a cruise to the beach and hang out there for the day. Maybe go to the track the day b4.

Mike, How long will it take to do the J-MOD? 2 hours? Let me know.

·
Big-D
1,275 Posts
No comment other than, #1 active chapter section, 183 topics and 3318 replies.... the TCCoA Texas Chapter Section hasn't been a place to air our laundry, and let's not start now...

·
6,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks dave. i wanted to keep my thread on topic.

michael, better start heading south :D jk

chris, i would say 3-4 hours. keep in mind i helped and observed with a jmod only once, so it may take longer for me to do one. how about sunday afternoon/night? my folks are leaving sunday morning.

·
Texas Chapter Director
5,173 Posts
That sounds good as long as i can get all the parts i need. I still havent looked to see what I need. I can tell my boss Im coming in late monday incase we have some problems that night. I also have to see how much my check is this week. If I cant get mine done in that week we can do it here at my house.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I think the thing that takes the longest to do is let the tranny fluid drip. while that going on, drill out the holes. then when you come back, remove and replace whatever springs you need to do, mount the vavle body back up. seal it all back up. done. Besides filling it back with fluid and engaging the gears in the suggested method. Pretty easy to be honest. Most poeple fear it, until they do it, then they laugh.

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
97mn-12 said:
I think the thing that takes the longest to do is let the tranny fluid drip. while that going on, drill out the holes. then when you come back, remove and replace whatever springs you need to do, mount the vavle body back up. seal it all back up. done. Besides filling it back with fluid and engaging the gears in the suggested method. Pretty easy to be honest. Most poeple fear it, until they do it, then they laugh.
You're a prime example of that one my friend... :D

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
AverageJoe said:
true, but the Cougar almost showed us who's boss with those pesky nuts and bolts :D ...not to mention valve cover gaskets...hehe

·
Registered
491 Posts
I think me and my brother are in for tuesday or wednesday! 2 GT's though! :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts