TCCoA Forums banner

Possible meet in late June? Whatcha think guys?

2K views 21 replies 5 participants last post by  StupidFly 
#1 ·
Madgoat and I were talking about trying to get everyone together later on this month. Maybe a Saturday or Sunday after the 17th.

The big question seems to be where to have it. We have quite a few members up in the phoenix area, with a handfull of us around Tucson. So somewhere between Tucson and Phoenix would be best, but I cant think of anywhere interesting off I-10. Maybe somewhere on the south end of Phoenix (somewhere with AC please ;)). I'll have to get my map out, maybe we can find a scenic area not too far off we can cruise to afterwards for some photos.

This is all pretty hypothetical right now, lets get some ideas going.

#2 ·
I would be up for it, if my car is still running and tolerates the heat (which it seems to, but I am giving it a break and driving the 89). Obviously I would prefer Tucson but if I could make it, I wouldn't be against driving to Phoenix or Casa Grande (did I just say that? haha).

#3 ·
Yeah, I'd prefer to stay local myself, but theres alot of us AZ guys up in the Phoenix area too. No one likes to drive too far this time of year (especially I-10 between Tucson and Phoenix... I hate that stretch). So I figure a compromise is in order.

And as long as you can stand 80mph with the windows down (unless I get my AC recharged before then), I can always give a few people rides.

#5 ·
I am trying to find out where other clubs have meets in Casa Grande, but you are right, to do it would likely mean Phoenix.

I have three cars that should be no problem taking, I would of course like to take the 97 Cougar but it sees no freeway time, the 2000 Grand Marquis but it is pretty plain (but an awesome road car!), the 89 is the beater but it went to Los Angeles and Mexico a little while ago when the Grand Marquis was in the body shop, and I thought the 97 with the shiney wheels would be gone in Mexico in a second.

I am pretty sure they meet at some park in Casa Grande, it is the Lightning guys, so looking for the one with all the pairs of burn out marks would be the place they go!

#6 ·
Casa Grande? REALLY?...

Nothin there man!! unless we all brought stuff for a BBQ... But then it would be really hot out.

I think we are stuck meeting in Tempe. Seems logical to me.

MG

#7 ·
hmmm, Well how does the 30th or 1st sound for a meet?

I work this coming Sat (have to work one Sat a month), plus I have to get this crazy vibration fixed this week before my Birdy can hit highway again.

so the next weekend im good for... anyone else game?

MG

#8 ·
I'm thinking early July is going to be better. I'm waiting on my diff from Dirtyd0g. I'll be taking a weekend in Bisbee to install that (as well as building an exhaust for my friends newly boosted cavalier :)). Get the vibration taken care of for now, we'll see how things are going for everyone in a week.

#17 ·
Desert Rat said:
Who's the fearless leader around here?

Put the nail in the coffin and post a firm date/time/location.

we dont exactly have a leader... much less a fearless one. However, as I have the week off work, and only summer classes and life to worry about I'll post a time, date, location, map and contact info later today. Hows that sound? ;)

#18 ·
I think thats StupidFly...

Sure aint me...

whatya think FLY? 15th the date?

Im gonna need to know cuz KT is prolly gonna have to take off work...

MG

#19 ·
If everyone else can live with it, I think the 15th sounds good. Hooters in Chandler. I think a cruise over to some scenic spot would be nice, take some photos. However I dont know anything about Chandler, so if someone else knows anything else about the are let us know. We'll need a parking lot at a park or something (Picacho peak?????) where we can park all the birds and get some photos. I'll bring the tripod and my camera.

Time wise, how does late afternoon sound? Say 2 or 3ish? That way we can eat, and then still catch some sunlight for photos afterwards.

I dont think I'm going to call Hooters and arrange anything special for this. This is really AZs first meet, so lets see what kind of turnout etc we get first. Then maybe we can start getting a little more elaborate. All go to the track one night or something... who knows.

I'll post a new thread this afternoon for the meet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.