TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know a guy that has a bird as well. he told me that yhere was once a mod where someone took a tbird bumper and put it on a mustang, and called it tstang. would it be possible to take a 2440-2005 mustang bodykit and put it on a 95 bird

any suggestions would be great
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,407 Posts
Not to knock your vision but I think that would look like ****!keep the car looking like a sleeper.Maybe rims,Xenon or SC kit and thats about all.Maybe do a 96-97 front light and hood conversion some tints and 96 tails.Other than that I wouldn't go any further than that.If you try moulding a stang bodykit on a MN12 you might be considered rice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
Strictly opinion.

1) These cars are old enough why try to keep the sleeper image. It's a thunderbird to anybody in the rest of the world. It's a sleeper no matter what, if it's modded.

If it's not modded, who cares about the sleeper image anyways. It's not a sleeper.



2) ground effects are gay.

3) Even if you still want them, it's not going to fit. You might as well mold your own from scratch; it'd be alot easier.

4) That guy that told you that is full of sh!t.

Again, my opinions. :D Lol. No offense to be taken.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,180 Posts
Just buy a freakin mustang and be done with it. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,638 Posts
It was probably a fox body T-bird and Mustang. The front clips would swap with little to no modifications.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,309 Posts
I Believe that conversion kit was for the 89-93 Mustangs and used the 89-93 Tbird headlights.

As for your Tbird and the body kit .. anything is possible for the right amount of money.
If you really want it, you might want to take some Tbird pictures and copy the Mustang hardware onto it to see if its something youd really like to invest your money in.

- Dan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if its modded then how can it be a sleeper. also wouldnt sc ground effects clash with me having a lx. also what are some reasonably cheap mods that i can do to either the engine or anywhere else.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
chsplayer said:
if its modded then how can it be a sleeper. also wouldnt sc ground effects clash with me having a lx. also what are some reasonably cheap mods that i can do to either the engine or anywhere else.
If it's modded enough (drivetrain) yet looks stock, it's a sleeper. If it's hardly modded (drivetrain) and full of ground effects, wheels, paint, cowl induction hood, spoiler, etc ... it's not a sleeper. It's a showboat.

SC gfx clash w/lx ........ No, alot of LX's look like SC's after a gfx and wheel swap. Which is a plus if you ask me. Unless it's a clean car. I would leave gfx off completely. Lower the car 2 inches. And get a nice offset wide (8 or 9") wheel set, with some attractive exhaust. I'm a 'less is more' kinda guy tho and most people don't seem to be.

Cheap mods: J mod, gears, nitrous. (nitrous means larger injectors usually, a larger fuel pump, and a dyno tune) So, nitrous is about a grand. Which is cheap dollar ratio for 100 shot. Which I think your engine would handle?????? Not sure about 4.6 sohcammers ...

Your car would come alive with those mods. You'd hit yourself in the head and say "why didn't I do this before now!!!!"

edit: You know what a good analogy is of ground effects?. Ground effects are like mullets. Out of date. Extra b/s. And ugly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
SCTbird1994 said:
I Believe that conversion kit was for the 89-93 Mustangs and used the 89-93 Tbird headlights.

As for your Tbird and the body kit .. anything is possible for the right amount of money.
If you really want it, you might want to take some Tbird pictures and copy the Mustang hardware onto it to see if its something youd really like to invest your money in.

- Dan
So on the fox bodys you can put the stang front end on a tbird and vica versa I would like to see what that looks like.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,180 Posts
It would look like a mutt, and imo a pretty ugly one at that...

ponysc said:
edit: You know what a good analogy is of ground effects?. Ground effects are like mullets. Out of date. Extra b/s. And ugly.
so if you've still got the mullet then ground effects are the way to go! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
Southpaw said:
It would look like a mutt, and imo a pretty ugly one at that...


so if you've still got the mullet then ground effects are the way to go! :D
You got it!! :tongue:
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top