TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have anything they would like to see a tech article on? i do alot of work on these cars and have a camera... Just curios what people always have questions about? Might help all of us if we do one of the projects to take pictures and do a write up?

Luke

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
How about putting the pictures back into the PI swap article. It just kinda sucked not to have the pictures for that type of stuff.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm maybe the mods can do that... i dont have access. I dont have pictures of the pi swap in my car either. Was just trying to help the newer people with things that get asked alot.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Holy thread resurrection, Batman!

Yes, ppl have bagged Cougars and I'm sure one will speak up.....

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,370 Posts
Here's a random thought...

Why don't we just create another subform here and post all the tech articles in it? Since we apparently have no control over the non-forum part of the site... at least we'll be able to update/maintain/add articles this way. The articles or even the whole subforum could be kept locked so only the mods could add to/edit them, and the work in progress thread could be where new threads are submitted for review to be moved to the tech article section.

·
Super Moderator
9,370 Posts
If a decision is made to go ahead with this, I'd be more than happy to contribute some time to updating and copying the old stuff into threads. It will also be great to have all this tech in the forum database; that way it will turn up in searches.

·
Super Moderator
12,258 Posts
Excellent Idea.

·
Super Moderator
10,769 Posts
I've been trying to take more pix when I work on the cars; I have a digital camera now that was originally headed for the trash, so it's easier to use while dirty, lol.

I'm going to document my dohc build, measurements, machining, everything.

What about taking some of the threads that have a bunch of tech in them, edit them a bit, and move them here?

Maybe Combine a bunch of the scattered stuff into one big thread on that subject?

I'd be happy to do searches, post up the relevant parts in a post, and maybe someone with the right privileges could collate it into something usable.

If a bunch of people added to the mix, it would be great. :)

Searching for stuff gets harder every day; as more noobs ask the same questions, and it pushes the relevant info off the end of the 2500 post search limit...

·
Super Moderator
9,370 Posts
I'd be more than happy to help keep things organized with regards to format and grammar, but as far as a vast technical knowledge... I'm not sure how much I'd be able to contribute. I only know what I've read here over the years and to a lesser degree through my experiences tinkering.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
I'll create the forum and XR7-4.6 will be one of the ones in charge of it since he has lots of free time :). If anybody else wants to contribute to it, let me know, but I need people that know tuning and in-depth info that goes above and beyond what one could find scouring the internet.

I'm going to document my dohc build, measurements, machining, everything.

What about taking some of the threads that have a bunch of tech in them, edit them a bit, and move them here?

Maybe Combine a bunch of the scattered stuff into one big thread on that subject?

I'd be happy to do searches, post up the relevant parts in a post, and maybe someone with the right privileges could collate it into something usable.

If a bunch of people added to the mix, it would be great. :)
Do it. and check your pm's

·
Super Moderator
17,171 Posts
I'll create the forum and XR7-4.6 will be one of the ones in charge of it since he has lots of free time :). If anybody else wants to contribute to it, let me know, but I need people that know tuning and in-depth info that goes above and beyond what one could find scouring the internet.
:woowoo:

·
Super Moderator
10,769 Posts

Do it. and check your pm's
I'm happy to help! And you have a reply.

I'll second that woo-hoo!

:evil3:

We should have a sticky thread for posting suggestions for articles; that keeps them in one place, hopefully. :)

Important detail:
What's the best alternative for posting photos long term? Every photo I've ever posted and stored on the web is now gone. (except for here...)

Dr. Frankencougie had a similar experience, years back...

FWIW, anyone else have personal files stored on megaupload? (lol, no, no copyrighted files.)

We could create an 'MN12 stock photo repository", and when we need a photo for an article, we grab it, PS labels into it, and repost and link appropriately.

·
Super Moderator
12,258 Posts
Where have you stored your photos at?

I've used Photobucket for years and they don't appear to be going away any time soon.

Nope. Never used Megaupload.

·
Super Moderator
10,769 Posts
Where have you stored your photos at?

I've used Photobucket for years and they don't appear to be going away any time soon.

Nope. Never used Megaupload.
I'll get an account there.

·
Super Moderator
5,023 Posts
I have my own web server I host pics on.

RwP

1 - 20 of 21 Posts