TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my current video card driver (Omega ATI driver) is great for games, so I dont want to uninstall it...but it wont let me play videos. is it possible to create another windows user and run a different ATI driver that allows me to play videos? would they conflict each other? I wanna ask before i try it... :)

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it is. i have an ATI driver installed, all media players work great. I install the omega driver, they dont. and im not the only one with the problem, I've seen others on omega's forums with it as well.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
moved to current forum

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
weswing04 said:
it is. i have an ATI driver installed, all media players work great. I install the omega driver, they dont. and im not the only one with the problem, I've seen others on omega's forums with it as well.
So why not just leave the ATI driver installed?

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
you could always just switch back and forth between drivers. Somewhat of a pain, you could try two different profiles... I can't recall if it'll work but it'd take a few mins to setup and test. My first hunch would be that switching the driver in one profile also alters the driver in the other

·
It is nice
885 Posts
id have to say you are best to just use the ati driver, but if you want u can have 2 hardware profiles. Right click my computer - click the hardware tab - click on hardware profiles... - its pretty self explanitory from there first copy the profile then change the second one to the diff driver. then use the when windows starts option as you choose. good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts