TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at sccoa we contacted a comapny that will do us a custom setup for the SC's to replace the superchargers with turbos , and the most possible route will be using the 3.8lx manifold , by doing so LX bird would also be able to use the setup just with lower boost.

if interested check the info

http://host.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38373

and show your interest by contacting the company :ztoohot:

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
You might consider opting for the supersixmotorsports.com upper box intake with the bigger throttly body opening.

Sounds like a coo project. I'm really interested in seeing it done as I've been considering a turbo setup in the back of my mind. I'll probably setlle for a supercharger unless you guys can get this project done successfully and the price isn't too high.

-Thomas

·
Registered
121 Posts
same here i think it will be great and i always wonder how the car would do with a turbo on it so yea i would love to see how it all comes out but that also brings in my mind about a twin turbo kit i wonder if that can be done but yea i would love to know more about it and how much all this would cost to get put on our cars

·
8,978 Posts
wow, the thought of a stand alone engine management system just sunk in too. Oh baby the possibilities with that.
-Thomas

·
Registered
121 Posts
yea i don't see why some one would hate this all they got to do is look at it as if it all comes out right and better for hp for our cars then we will be beaten the ricers with there one true P/A lol

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
That guy Stocker 89 is a riot. He doesn't know the first thing about forced induction or how turbo's work. The sad thing is, he thinks he's right...LOL.

·
8,978 Posts
Yeah and another sad thing is that he lives 20 miles from me. So I had to hold back my frustrations with his posts.

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
A turbo 3.8L or 4.2L would be way kickass in a '96-'97. It would even be cooler than a Vortech 4.6L if the power levels were similar.

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
Yes the '96-'97 3.8L's are stronger. Not sure what, if anything in them is forged.

But I would definately take a turbo or two over a Vortech or a roots-blower.

·
8,978 Posts
I bet rancher knows the limits of a 3.8 as he has a 96 with a vortech on it.
-Thomas

·
Registered
26 Posts
when doing a twin turbo setup on a 3.8 do you have to remove powersteering pump or is there away around it,also is the supersix air box really tall,because I built a 4inch cowl induction hood for my bird so I got room to put something in it.

·
8,978 Posts
the supersix box intake fits under the stock hood.

I'm sure there's a way of retaining the power steering pump when making a twin turbo setup. If one were to purchase an AJE racing tubular k-member it would probably make a turbo setup much easier.

-Thomas

·
Registered
205 Posts
i was under my dads 91 lincon the other day while the tranny is in peices on the work bench and noticed that the one manifold goes stright down,not sure if its like this on both sides but id emagin so, and since its the same motor as ours just flip them upside down and wola perfect for a turbo

yes yes i know im a genius hold your thanks till some one does it and knows it works hehhehe

1 - 20 of 35 Posts