TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
$1100 for replaced AT? Help!

Hi, perhaps I do not post questions well and I apologize. I hope I do better this time. My car flares between 1-2 shifts unless I shift from 1-2, then it flares between 2-3, OD fine. We did have flooding and day before this began and significant puddles were unavoidable and though I could have drove through them more slowly I was afraid it might stall. Could water have entered vent hole and be causing this and what damage and roughly what repair prices am I looking at? I know we have several trans pro's here , please help.
Thank you.

Edit: Trans place called a want $1100 to replace trans, not rebuild. I've seen kits from dirtydog and silverfox from around $250-$400 are these what I would need to do the same?
P.S. I saw in thread that a couple fellas live in Tampa Bay area that did their own rebuilds and would sure like to hire one of them to do the job if the above is what I need.

·
Registered
369 Posts
if there is water in the trans you'd see the strawberry milkshake. Early trans sucked. i kno because mine went out at 50k miles or so. careful who you choose to rebuild.. its always best to buy a newer 98+ version of the trans

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey thanks guys and no, frst, i dont think I have a strawberry milkshake ;) by that do you mean lighter in color and thicker? I'm wondering if it is lighter in color but definitely not thicker. Level is good hershy,and No stall, or water inside- thanks for that master cause that is a real relief. Is it strange that if I row it manually the flare is between 2-3 instead of 1-2 from 'D;'?? I have all 4 gears.
Oh, maybe a lesson to me. I took it to be scanned and tested and now i something I didn't have before- a clank when I put it into D or R. %^$^&!
I know take it back but do you really think they're gonna own up to it?
Do you think Seafoam's Trans Tune or Lucas' Trans Fix will help me keep her goin' till I can afford to replace (maybe 2 months)?
Thanks again

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Hi, perhaps I do not post questions well and I apologize. I hope I do better this time. My car flares between 1-2 shifts unless I shift from 1-2, then it flares between 2-3, OD fine.
A 95 4R70W comes STOCK with all those FLARES from Ford~!

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
A 95 4R70W comes STOCK with all those FLARES from Ford~!
Hmmm. Mine didn't. I did the j-mod at 80K miles and have never had a problem with the tranny before or after.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Hmmm. Mine didn't. I did the j-mod at 80K miles and have never had a problem with the tranny before or after.
My '95 same story at about the same mileage. I've had one small issue that I don't worry about.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts