TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a 91 t-bird here that the guy blew his HG on the 3.8. I was wondering, what complications I would have taking that engine, split-porting it, and beefing it up a bit, and sticking it in my 96. Would there be any complications sticking a 91 engine in there?

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
why not buy a splitport engine?

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there any problem just buying a splitport and dropping it in with the tranny that I have? I thought about the OBD also, figuring that might be a problem.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I ask the guys in the service department at a local ford dealership about the amount of a new 4.2L V6 splitport that is currently in the f150 and was told that it cost $2300+ 1300 labor. Not that I need a new engine right now but if my current engine goes down, like HGs a $1500 dollar repair, that might be the route I go. Only thing is that it is against their policy to perform such a job.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
so do it yourself. Buy a used 98+ 4.2L from an f-150. Or if you think a $3,600 dollar engine swap at the dealership is affordable, buy SuperSixMotorsports.com 4.2 forged race ready 4.2 for cheaper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts