TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've ran across a local red 90 SC for 1000$ guy just wants it out the drive seen it sitting for 2 years .
I seen it start today 144k miles has under carriage and some rocker rust but i dunno that's a toss up it may be fixable with some extensive cleanup work may be worth it since the price is right and it's a rare car anymore ... it's a complete car but not without some brake issues that are apparently not a easy fix especially when you dont know much about the hydro boost setup...and I've only ever owned 4.6lx and 5.0 tbirds.
So he put a used booster setup in it went to bleed the rear and a line busted under passenger rocker . He Still claims it's a screwball situation to get it right. Why would a line brake upon bleeding after a entire booster swap
I wanna look into redoing the brakes the right way all new or converting the setup.
Any input would help

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why would a line brake upon bleeding after a entire booster swap
Because it’s a rust bucket and the line broke. The price is too much for what sounds like a parts car to me, is it at least a 5-speed?
I should know I've had 3 nice tbirds and I agree after thinking this over.
It is rusty underneath but with a well rounded engine and 99% interior . I explained too the guy with no unibody the hope is lost .
I figured it would still be driveable for 1000$ I suspected any sc running without a smashed up body for 1000 is a deal .
It is a Auto.
I think there just getting value from the motor and few interior things.
I looked under it and it's fairly crusty "Michigan rust "

1 - 3 of 3 Posts