TCCoA Forums banner

5041 - 5060 of 5117 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,490 Posts
I swear Chrysler products have it in for me! Hood fell down on a Dodge truck, which knocked a shock bracket off the inner fender, and it fell perfectly right into my face! Motherfucker!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,392 Posts
That sucks!

Nothing quite like seeing that **** falling, and knowing you can't get out of the way. :(

I bet that bled like crazy, that's a bad spot.

·
Super Moderator
7,490 Posts
Hijueputa! Te diste un gran chingado!
No habla espanol

I kept pressure on it as soon as it happened, so it didn’t bleed too bad. But then after about an hour it suddenly swelled up like crazy, so now I’m sitting in the ER. Yay!

·
Super Moderator
10,392 Posts
I was surprised it wasn't more swollen; sometimes it takes a bit.

As long as it doesn't start tearing itself open swelling isn't a bad thing; it's all the repair stuff coming into the area to start putting it back together.

Even a punch in that area will swell like crazy, lol. BTDT. :)

·
Super Moderator
7,490 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,048
Yow! Sorry to see that Mike.

Glad it didn't get your eye.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Update on my window. It's officially in! My last post was with the wall around the window having been stuccoed but not yet painted. Now the wall is painted and window permanently installed.

Yesterday I was sent out to Yucca Valley again. One of my favorite parts of the drive is on the way back from Yucca Valley is that as I approach I-10 from highway 62 is the view of the mountain. It leaves me awestruck every time I approach it. The other cool thing is that as you head south on 62 and you look left, you can see the vast expanse of desert into Coachella Valley and the sea of windmills.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,490 Posts
My buddy got a new hood for his Cougar, so we got that installed today.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,490 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,490 Posts
He got it from Fiber Concepts out of PA. Fit is OK, not great, but they are the only one who make the cowl hood for the 91-95 Cougars. The hood hinge bolt holes were not drilled, so I had to do that, and the lip of the hood hit the grille, so I had to sand that down, and it hits the wiper arm on the driver's side so that area had to be ground down, and the latch didn't work right with the hood, so it is just the pins holding it down. Also the gaps to both fenders are wider at the front than at the back, but the car was previously hit in the left front, so I don't know if that is necessarily a problem with the hood, or with the car we put it on, but either way it shouldn't be too bad to just adjust the fenders a bit to solve that issue.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Me and my 90

One of the local car shows. Found it on FB.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,204 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Good info on the hood. I may want one of those someday, despite the fitment issues.

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
456 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Good info on the hood. I may want one of those someday, despite the fitment issues.

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

Now that its on the road and I worked out running issues, Im gonna start fixing the ghetto things I did to finish it the first time. Motors already lowered back down. Gonna move the DIS if not go for a distributor. Lookin for accessories from a mustang. And then need to get an adapter for the intake so I can run the stock SC cable and not the explorer cable.

But Im also thinking of a whole new engine/trans set up already so idk. I know I need to rebuild the rear suspension, so gonna start with that.

5041 - 5060 of 5117 Posts