TCCoA Forums banner

5081 - 5100 of 5117 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,392 Posts
@WEC, I see you're running the "Goldbird" hood option. :)

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Santa Ana winds have been blowing since Tuesday night. I had been hoping for a long time that this wouldn't happen. Unfortunately it did. I was going to replace the rotted out wood where these aluminum slats secure to. Prior to this damage, there was a single slat the was slightly lifted as the nail that secured it had come undone because of the wood rot. It had been like that for a few months, and I decided I was going to replace all that rotted wood after my bathroom project to avoid this exact thing from happening. Obviously it did happen. I'm pretty bummed out that it did. It turned a sub $100 project to a few thousand now, lol.

The silver lining on this is that it gives me the opportunity to rip up the existing slabs of cracked and mis-matched concrete and have one single continuous slab with proper expansion joints put in. Doing so will allow me to build a new patio cover to my desired liking, which isn't this. My new patio cover will be an extension of the existing roof line, have roofing shingles, a fan or two, and proper lighting.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
So Saturday my wife took me out for a belated birthday as we had too much going on during my actual birthday / birthday week to do anything. So we went to K1 Racing in Ontario and did some laps. My wife did some driving as well. It was awesome because my wife didn't want to go at first. Of the three races, my best race was my last race with a lap time of 25.784. My wife was a bit slower with her best time between her two races being 28.649

Over the weekend I also did more bathroom work. The first part of Saturday I spent sanding that first layer of mud I had applied last week, and after that sanding was completed, I applied a second layer in order smooth it out further. Sunday I sanded that second coat and then applied filler mud to any remaining blemishes. The only area I wasn't able to sand was the area immediately around the fan as that mud was still wet. I'll probably get to it on Wednesday at the earliest. Sanding from directly overhead is definitely my least favorite thing to do.....

Although, I'm very pleased with the results. I guess I see it as "taking the bitter pill before feeling better".

Oh, and a co-worker gave me a pomegranate on Friday. I decided to try my green thumb at growing some. Growing fruit trees has been a passive hobby I picked up earlier this year. I've got three avocado trees, a fig tree, a mango tree, and now I'm starting these pomegranate seeds. Out of all these, I'm worried most about the mango as - obviously - don't live in a tropical environment. I'm pretty sure it's not going to survive the SoCal weather once it's too big to remain indoors.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
One of the perks I get of driving around for work is I get to see cool stuffs. Today's cool thing was just now, a Google Maps Street View car!

It's not the first one I have seen, obviously since I've posted a couple of them before, but it's something I get a kick out of every time I see one.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
11,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,086
Cool stuff. Thanks for sharing. There were some Volvos I saw driving around Pittsburgh about two years ago like that ... I think they were mapping terrain for self driving cars or something like that. I think they were doing more than just taking images.

I got together with Chris and the (other) FordSVTBird for a photo shoot last Monday! It was great catching up with you Chris. Thanks again for your help!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,490 Posts
The plasti-dip 97 is no longer plasti-dipped

I still need to paint the mirrors, door handles, and spoiler, and re-assemble everything, but it is coming along.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,392 Posts
Now the question becomes "Do you offer that as a service!" :)

·
Super Moderator
7,490 Posts
Now the question becomes "Do you offer that as a service!" :)
Hell no! Doing all this work sucked! I made it worse by deciding to get rid of the body side cladding, which meant 37 holes down each side of the car to weld up, which then warped the panels and required body work down both sides of the car. Every time I paint a car, I tell myself never again, but then I'm too cheap to pay someone $5K to do it for me, and I know too much about it to be happy with a Maaco job. But anyway, here it is unmasked and pulled outside.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Yesterday I spent $770 on a set of tires on my wife's Taurus. Firestone Champion Fuel Fighter.

Then the bathroom project (it's been on hold for about 2 weeks). I thought I had my J-Pipe test fitted and everything properly and whatnot. I even went and double checked my measurements today just to make sure. So I go and apply my ABS plastic adhesive. What I didn't measure out was the effing overflow gasket!! Now I have to go get all new ABS pipe to fix this screw-up of mine. LOL

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Then the bathroom project (it's been on hold for about 2 weeks). I thought I had my J-Pipe test fitted and everything properly and whatnot. I even went and double checked my measurements today just to make sure. So I go and apply my ABS plastic adhesive. What I didn't measure out was the effing overflow gasket!! Now I have to go get all new ABS pipe to fix this screw-up of mine. LOL
How thick is that gasket ? It will compress a little bit and the ABS has a tiny bit of flex in it depending on how close you are. That Bath Tub Waste Drain pipe is not a J-pipe, but at least it has a San Tee .. you'll find the J pipe on the "underfloor" portion with the P trap to waste drain.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
How thick is that gasket ? It will compress a little bit and the ABS has a tiny bit of flex in it depending on how close you are. That Bath Tub Waste Drain pipe is not a J-pipe, but at least it has a San Tee .. you'll find the J pipe on the "underfloor" portion with the P trap to waste drain.
The gasket is about 1/3" thick at the top.

I don't know proper terminology?

I'm heading to Home Depot now to get new ABS pipe parts

·
Super Moderator
11,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,095
Yesterday I spent $770 on a set of tires on my wife's Taurus. Firestone Champion Fuel Fighter.

Fuel Fighter? Wow! Some of the stupid names companies come up with for tires ... Least we forget the classic Firestone "Ford Explorer Destroyer" or was it the "Reputation Destroyer" I can't remember, it's been a while.

·
Super Moderator
10,392 Posts
Dang! That looks sweet!

Nice house, too. :)

·
Super Moderator
11,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,098
Merry Christmas to me!

After having the car take a **** on the dyno (the old DD TC is slipping - Badly) it's time to upgrade! My new Circle D TC is going in the car on Friday! This one is Bulletproof!

IMG_5153.jpg IMG_5154.jpg

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Two pictures. The first one is of my house on Thanksgiving day. It snowed here in my part of SoCal! Honestly, it's the most snow I've seen here in the 6yrs of living here!

The second picture is of a chunti-ass Honda Accord. The owner of this this thing literally broke the bumper cover in half in order to strap on the hitch with tie downs, had a passenger rear donut on top of the driver front donut, AND a driver rear flat tire! It's a miracle this thing was even driving!!

·
Administrator
8,007 Posts
5081 - 5100 of 5117 Posts