·
Registered
2,370 Posts
DC's, I saw your masked man photo, and I'll raise you one:

View attachment 37111

I think I was doing Urethane. :)
DC's? 🤣

It took me a minute to figure out you didn't mean "DC's" :p

You've definitely got a better respirator than me. I've only got N95 rated masks to protect against dust from sanding (mud) and dust when doing attic crawls. Still better than nothing, I guess.

·
Super Moderator
10,647 Posts
After I've been gaming, my typing sucks.

I think it's making my dyslexia worse.

I seem to be typing ok now; but I'm getting ready to go int o FC4 for a while, lol.

I got that off amazon for ~$20; carts last about 2 months of my use.

Don't breathe urethane residue or dust; it eats lung tissue.

·
Super Moderator
10,647 Posts
Saying "**** the ******* Fuckers" is partially edited.

Motherfucking **** is pretty interesting, lol.

****, Piss, ****, ****, Cocksucker, Motherfucker, Tits. < Carlin got arrested for that, lol.

The Management is afraid we will drive off all the new users that were put off by the old-looking platform. :)

Let's see; here's a cut and paste of curse words from the web:

A
B
C
D
F
G
H
J
M
P
S
T
W
  • Wiskydick
  • Whore
  • Whore house
X
  • Xenophobia
Let's see what works. :)

·
Super Moderator
10,647 Posts
If I don't wear that into the grow room, I can't find my way out, lol.

The Cats rescued me last time; after they got hungry enough.
They said "It was either rescue you, or break in a new owner; you won the toss."

Amazingly enough, they haven't talked since...

·
Super Moderator
9,302 Posts
My wife bought a respirator to use when she sprays clear coat on custom face paintjobs she's done to a few of her expensive ball-jointed dolls (these things are like four figures each). Since I've been working in the basement she's insisted I wear that. It's a little cumbersome at first but it beats lung cancer due to all the bizarre things I've had to use while building everything down there. :)

·
Super Moderator
10,647 Posts
Brandon, I've worked around chemicals my whole life; and until I got Educated, I always blew off the "Safety Guy". It's part of Bro culture, IMHO.

After that, I worked with an Ion Implanter when I was in my 20's; We implanted Lithium into Germanium, and had lots of other chemicals as well, Hydrofluoric acid being one of them.

After turning on water in a sink in a vent hood we used for coating electronics, and having it explode into a Lithium Fire, I realized that the "Safety Guy" might just not be an idiot. :)

I bought HF from the company to use to etch glass for an Xmas present for my Mom; after showing it off, one of my bosses had a brilliant idea to do the same; he never realized why him stealing HF in a glass jug, and causing a major problem wasn't my fault somehow. :rolleyes:
(After the jug dissolved, it ate a 5x5 foot area out of the concrete, in the middle of the warehouse. :D)

PPE is a GREAT IDEA, especially if you're young, and have a lot to lose. :)

A respirator is cheap, cartridges for various chemicals are cheap; there's no reason not to use them.

Paint these days contain Isocyanates; cyanide in polymer form; remember the cats and dogs too.

Give PPE for Xmas, if you love someone. Seriously.

I'd Make a paint booth for your wife, where there's an upflow air current, and it exhausts to the outside; she'll be there 50 years from now to thank you for it. :)

Eye protection is another thing; I always blew that off, until I had a dremel cutoff wheel explode and embed itself in the bone of my forehead; if it had hit my eye, even closed, it would have blinded me.

SO, safety glasses/googles, as a appropriate, are a necessity.
The ones in the pic have a foam surround, to keep **** like a broken dremel wheel from bouncing off my face into my eyes.

3M™ Virtua CSS Protective Eyewear with Foam Gasket

3M™ Virtua CSS Protective Eyewear with Foam Gasket

No one cares about your sh!t but you. :)

·
Super Moderator
9,302 Posts
Yeah, depending on what I'm doing I go from any combination of gloves/goggles/ear protection/respirator for the job. I learned to wear eye protection when I did the exhaust on the T-bird the first time, back in 2010-ish, when a metal shaving shard got into my eye and started to rust into my cornea at in the early hours of the morning... :)

·
Super Moderator
12,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,111
I spotted this vehicle fire on my way home from Rob's tonight.

·
Super Moderator
10,647 Posts
WTF causes a vehicle to burn like that?!

One of our cars is never going to burn like that, unless I did it on purpose, lol.
That would take pounds of oxidizers, or lithium batteries.

·
Super Moderator
12,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,114
I'm pretty sure it was a Lexus. But yeah, I'd say those explosios were caused by lithium batteries in the car or other electronics components. I have no idea what started the fire. It was roaring when I got there.

·
Super Moderator
7,526 Posts
Those explosions are the airbags blowing off. It is very common in car fires now if they get to that complete burn point.

·
Registered
8 Posts
duck2.JPG

been dubbed by my grandaughter the ugly duckling ,for a little bit this car would have been torn all to pieces its got 144,00 miles on it everything might near works on it it needs a new paint job its not in bad shape so far ive put a alternator,battery & front tires on it ,with some TLC i think this would be a great car again
bmbjr

·
Super Moderator
12,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,119
Bring her back to life!

5101 - 5120 of 5218 Posts