TCCoA Forums banner

5141 - 5160 of 5185 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,989 Posts
Yeah, maybe before "Letterbox" edition Laserdiscs came out .. nobody wants to see black bars on screen. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
You still get bars with letterbox on a modern 16x9 TV unless you change the display settings to zoom in and crop the sides. I finally got around to watching the Mandalorian (D+ free trial!) and even it has bars.

I’m more bugged by bars on the sides when I plug in my Super Nintendo 😎

·
Super Moderator
10,590 Posts
Hah, just a drywall hanger. I took it apart this evening so it can go back to my neighbor. It was in the middle of the room so I figured "eh, what the heck".
There's some neat stuff you can do with that; ever see the JLo movie "The Cell"?

:)

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Yeah, maybe before "Letterbox" edition Laserdiscs came out .. nobody wants to see black bars on screen. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

65 inch LCD's are cheap these days .. that's how much money you might spend for two hours of consultation for a divorce lawyer. :censored::censored::censored::censored:

Chump change. :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: You can already do that with a "projector TV"
You can cut a projector in half?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Need to get a better camera

Attachments

·
The Parts Guy
7,309 Posts
Scored the latest "wall hanger" for the shop off FB marketplace yesterday afternoon. :) Who needs an alignment?

·
Super Moderator
10,590 Posts
Wow, Rod; how old is that thing? 50's?

I bet that looks nice in the new garage. :)

·
The Parts Guy
7,309 Posts
I believe this one would be mid-30’s to early 40’s, but I’m still researching it.

·
The Parts Guy
7,309 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,260 Posts
Well, looks like I still kinda know what I'm doing! lol

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Dirty Girl rolled 350k today!

Well, looks like I still kinda know what I'm doing! lol

It's just like riding a bike! Once you learn, you never forget! Right....?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
9,260 Posts
Hah, at least for me I guess it was! I only felt a little behind myself during startup. I felt right at home by the time I did the engine runup, and the takeoff roll felt like I'd just done it the day before. :)

·
Super Moderator
9,260 Posts
Occasionally, I love my job... :D

·
Super Moderator
12,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,156
Sugar and caffeine = win!

Those are some of my favorite candy bars BTW.

·
Super Moderator
10,590 Posts
That's the reason it was cheap; no QC.

·
Registered
120 Posts

Here's my custom. Painted it for a friend then he sold it to me. Was all scratched and dinged up, so I body worked it, sprayed an auto base of metallic silver, then dipped in Black and White. Wasn't exactly what we were going for but turned it cool. That's 7 layers of clear to smooth out the dipped paint.

5141 - 5160 of 5185 Posts