TCCoA Forums banner

5161 - 5180 of 5220 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm actually not sure. He had pieces from a few guitars and a body he had gotten off a buddy years ago. Here is the back of that tells you anything. I can't play. Always wanted to, but I'm not very knowledgeable past common names

·
Registered
131 Posts
That cherry color is killer. Love that the wood grain comes through. The black accents are nice!! Do you typically put your own pickups in everything?

·
Super Moderator
17,052 Posts
So far yeah, since my very first Squier I have yet to keep a guitar I own stock. But in this case I think I’m going to try swapping the ceramic magnets for alnico Vs in the stock pickups and add nickel/silver covers before I decide to change them out completely, as well as reconfigure and upgrade the wiring/pots to 50s style. Might make all the difference(sounds surprisingly good as is for an Epiphone), and doesn’t hurt my wallet nearly as much lol

·
Super Moderator
10,668 Posts
And bought a nice amp!

·
Super Moderator
10,668 Posts
Nothing says excess like a wall of Marshalls across the wall in your room. :)

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Bought a giant 'tropical avocado' a few days ago and decided to see if it would sprout. I probably have a few months/years before it catches up with CDB's plant

·
Administrator
8,059 Posts
It actually looks like something else to me! :p

Nice use of the Lagunitas glass!

Joe

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Behold, Dirty Girl. She's now got a hair over 350k miles. She's got scuffs, dings, and multiple paint blemishes, but she's chugging along. Not sure if I mentioned it here or in another thread, but I had the transmission rebuilt earlier this month. Hopefully I get another 170k out of it. She will be needing a few other things here in 2020: tires, timing belt, spark plugs, etc. Everything said and done should be ~$2,200 at the end of 2020, oil changes included.

Bought a giant 'tropical avocado' a few days ago and decided to see if it would sprout. I probably have a few months/years before it catches up with CDB's plant View attachment 37489
A few things I've learned attempting to sprout avocados:

1. You will have more success of having the avocado start in something like the one on the left. Skin on or off, doesn't really matter. Sticking toothpicks in it reduces the chances of it ever sprouting.

2. Avocados seeds have between 50% - 70% rate of sprouting

3. Avocados can take up to 3 months before they sprout. On the shorter end of the time scale is as little as 4 weeks.

4. Be sure that you supply / replace water every two weeks. This prevents microbial buildup that will create fungus, which in turn will kill the seed / root / sprout

·
Super Moderator
12,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,177
Wow, those things are fragile! How the heck do they survive in the wild?

·
Super Moderator
10,668 Posts
Roving bands of Avacado herding chipmunks. :)

I found it on google, it must be true. :D

·
Super Moderator
17,052 Posts
I like it, a guitar is like your car. You can't leave it alone! 🎸

Joe
I don’t feel like I truly own anything if I don’t 😎 Plus it’s January and I’m not touching that cold ass car lol. I need projects!

On that note, I was noticing more hum and RF noise for whatever reason since adding the extra Tone/Volume control circuits. I checked all my solder grounds and changed a few things but I still wasn’t satisfied, so...

Out with the electronics

In with the copper foil

And no more noise!

Thanks Mr. Faraday!

This is probably the last project for it unless I decide to throw $150 worth of new pickups into this $140 guitar.

...Which, how can I not

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
My spawnlings received their yellow belt with white stripe yesterday.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

5161 - 5180 of 5220 Posts