TCCoA Forums banner

5221 - 5240 of 5271 Posts

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
So an aunt of mine sent our family group on LINE this pic. While I'm 90% sure this pic has already been turned into a meme so it's just a repost, I find it damn hilarious compared to all sorts of crazy coronavirus clips they are sending me ( I dunno how many of those make it from Asian social networks to Western ones). Everyone needs a laugh
1) it's damn hot in Thailand
2) this dog, tree, the pavers, and the planter pots are all very Thai looking (or at least common in SE Asia)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,758 Posts
I'll have to remember that one, lol.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Overhead valve adjustment this morning.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Engine harness this afternoon

Attachments

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Last weekend, I replaced the front and rear pads on my DD appliance -- a Toyota Prius.
Clearly I got my money's worth out of these front pads but the rears had probably 20% life left.
I know that the regenerative braking system cuts down on brake wear but I'm still a bit shocked that these lasted. This was a simple job and the only trickiness was a) I had to use an M8x1.25 bolt to push the rotor off the hub b/c of rust and b) the front brake pistons pushed in but the rears needed to be rotated when pushed in (required an adapter plate from Autozone that my own brake kit was missing).

Considering how cheap Centric rotors were I went ahead and swapped the rotors as well. All four rotors+pad sets cost me <$200 delivered from Rockauto.

I'm still surprised this car made it 143K mi on the original rotors and pads.
-g

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
Really been racking up the points lately, reached a quarter of a million today. Must be time for a replay but the Special When Lit light hasn't come on lately. Been hearing ghosts in the front suspension lately, pan & valve cover gaskets need replacement, sometimes smokes from a stop, been wanting to do the engine mounts for years, needs some rust repair and paint, been starting hard lately like a bad check valve, needs a new headliner, carpet, etc. etc. Junked my old non-Ford truck and just bought a new F-150. But the Thunderbird is so much more fun to drive!
MVC-681S.JPG
MVC-688S.JPG

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Congrats! Your temperature is reading a little high for a 95, at least compared to my old car. My 95 always read below the "norm" letters. The only time it got that high was stopped in traffic for an extended time, and even then it still didn't get that high.

Maybe mine was a freak - it warmed up normal, but w/o the A/C running, it took a lot for the fan to come on. Original radiator and all.

Al

·
Super Moderator
9,362 Posts
Don't forget - the temperature gauge is relative to other gauges. :)

The temp gauges on these cars are rather unreliable and inconsistent. One gauge might read N at 200°F, another might read between O and R. That said... on my 94 the gauge would read just to the left of the N while cruising in cold temperatures, and ride right on the N cruising in warmer weather. It creeps up to O-R before the fan kicks on. My father-in-law's 97's gauge reads about 2/3 while cruising. My 97 would read about 1/2 at the same temperature.

As long as the fan comes on at the right temperature (verify using an IR thermometer at the coolant crossover near the t-stat), you're in good shape. Basically, each gauge has its own "personality". :)
Last weekend, I replaced the front and rear pads on my DD appliance -- a Toyota Prius.
Clearly I got my money's worth out of these front pads but the rears had probably 20% life left.
I know that the regenerative braking system cuts down on brake wear but I'm still a bit shocked that these lasted. This was a simple job and the only trickiness was a) I had to use an M8x1.25 bolt to push the rotor off the hub b/c of rust and b) the front brake pistons pushed in but the rears needed to be rotated when pushed in (required an adapter plate from Autozone that my own brake kit was missing).

Considering how cheap Centric rotors were I went ahead and swapped the rotors as well. All four rotors+pad sets cost me <$200 delivered from Rockauto.

I'm still surprised this car made it 143K mi on the original rotors and pads.
-g
I guess that tells you how effective the regenerative braking is on those! That would "roughly" translate to half the energy normally lost during braking as heat being converted back to power for the batteries.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Yes, our old 96 and new 97 seem to read a little higher than my old 95 did. My 97 sometimes goes above the halfway point, but it drops down fast once you start moving. They definitely have their own personality.

Al

·
Super Moderator
17,150 Posts
I don’t think the temperature gauge or senders are entirely consistent on these, I had two clusters that gave different readings, the original always pointed before the N, and the SC one pointed between the N and O. There’s also some weirdness that I’ve pinpointed to the slosh module that can sometimes alter the reading due to an apparent signal bleed from the IC, which if really bad can cause the needle to intermittently swing wildly from max hot to normal.

·
Super Moderator
7,558 Posts
Wasn’t taken today, but pi day is an appropriate day to post it.

·
Super Moderator
12,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,233
Took these at the Vicksburg, MS Walmart yesterday evening. You'd think it was the zombie apocalypse!

The toilet paper (and all paper products for that matter) were sold out - Both sides of the isle. You can see all the way through the storage racks.

Bread and bottled water were also sold out. The soups and canned goods were pretty picked over and those shelves were nearly bare. Why the hell people are hoarding bottled water is beyond me.

·
Super Moderator
5,010 Posts
I notice that nobody's touching the Corona cases confirmed at Kroger's in my neighborhood ...

OhNoes!  Corona Cases at Kroger's.jpg

·
Super Moderator
10,758 Posts
If I were them, I'd change the label to "Corona Extra Vaccine edition", or "Contains hand sanitizer ingredient!".

:)

The local Liquor store had Skyy Vodka on sale for $20 for a half gallon; that should work for "Sanitizer", lol.

·
Super Moderator
5,010 Posts
The local Liquor store had Skyy Vodka on sale for $20 for a half gallon; that should work for "Sanitizer", lol.
Naw, Needs to be 70% or better.

Try Everclear.

RwP

·
Super Moderator
10,758 Posts
I have Everclear; it's in with the chemistry supplies, however.

:)

I prefer to use my sanitizer internally; it may not be as effective, but I won't care. :D

5221 - 5240 of 5271 Posts