TCCoA Forums banner

5341 - 5360 of 5397 Posts

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Yeah, I am totally out of the loop when it comes to fast food. I didn’t even know that was a thing. But then again, it’s probably been close to 20 years since I stepped foot inside a KFC.

My son loves the Doritos locos tacos though. I tried bringing him to a real Mexican restaurant for authentic tacos, and he was not having any of it!
Hahhaa..

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Including stealing the police car sector from Ford with the Dodge Charger Pursuit.
IMO,that's Ford's own damned fault for removing the CV from it's lineup of vehicles.

You mean the truck powered by a car engine based on a truck engine?
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Any idiot can take a piece of tuna sashim
So you're saying I could win? 🤔😂

a real Mexican restaurant for authentic tacos,
No matter how much anyone hates California, nowhere else in the country has the most authentic Mexican food than here in California.

Everyone I know who has traveled outside of California for vacation / business / moved has told me this. AZ is apparently a close second. TX has "Tex Mex" which isn't quite the same, is my understanding.

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Everyone I know who has traveled outside of California for vacation / business / moved has told me this. AZ is apparently a close second. TX has "Tex Mex" which isn't quite the same, is my understanding.
Cal-mex and tex-mex have some similarities but are different enough that I miss the fajitas and margaritas I used to get growing up in Austin.

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,569 Posts
Couple videos of the views from this evening. Really great flight and some great views too!

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
My daily (see sign) was low on coolant for some reason. I finally bought a proper burping funnel as my existing low profile funnel worked, but was messy.

And I believe I found the cause of my leak. It's a pinhole sized leak coming from under the radiator cap. At this point in time, I'm unsure if it's coming from the overflow tank hose or from the radiator itself. I'll do the cheap and easy thing first and replace the hose or get a hose clamp.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Couple things happened.
1. Got the the new intercooler and CAI last night. Intercooler is a 23x12x3 core, one sided inlet/outlet.
20200709_203229_HDR.jpg

2. Decided on wheels for my 96. I think.
Ive always been a fan of the the deep dish look like the green 95 pictured.
FB_IMG_1594320431208.jpg
So found a company thatll build me a custom set. 18×9.5 wide in front at 20mm offset, 18x10.5 in back also at 20mm offset.
The wheels are Revolve 0520s.

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,624 Posts
Word of warning, both will stick a mile outside the arches at +20mm, they won’t fit like that green one. 9.5 is pushing it up front with spindle clearance but that offset might allow it at least.

IMO you’d be happier with a square setup unless it’s for looks or drag racing. Fatter rear tires induce understeer

·
Registered
603 Posts
Its just for looks, and the fenders are getting flared. Properly. I dont plan on doing anything with the 96 besides sitting pretty. Even with a supercharged aluminum 4.6 paired to a 6r80.

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
I went camping with the family a few weeks ago and saw this interesting "woodie" VW camper on site. Made me laugh.
Just got around to pulling it off my phone.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,569 Posts
I rented an F/2.8 70-200mm lens and headed up to the lake last night in hopes I'd be able to take advantage of the larger aperture for less noise, light pollution and better comet tail capturing... but the weather had other plans for me.

Instead, I got a couple decent sunset photos. Ironically neither of these were taken with the rented lens.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Some fun stuff over the weekend for me.

First up. My first time going off-roading! My in-laws' property neighbors over at their have a 160 acre property that they use for off-road competitions and such. The whole off-roading experience was a whole different feeling! I'm not hooked, but I still wouldn't pass up an opportunity to go for another ride :)

This is a video of an event they hosted recently. It's primarily setup of the event. The old man in the wheelchair is the property owner. Skip to 18:30 for some funny sh!t :)

Next up, was this fire hydrant having been run over by a car. This geyser was easily 30ft tall!

·
Super Moderator
12,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,353
I rented an F/2.8 70-200mm lens and headed up to the lake last night in hopes I'd be able to take advantage of the larger aperture for less noise, light pollution and better comet tail capturing... but the weather had other plans for me.

Instead, I got a couple decent sunset photos. Ironically neither of these were taken with the rented lens.
Beautiful shots! I was thinking about renting some glass for this weekend. I might put an order in tonight. Where do you rent from? I use lensprotogo.com

·
Super Moderator
9,569 Posts
Thanks! I just rented it from a local place called Pixel Connection.

·
Super Moderator
9,569 Posts
Looks like a rack full of servers and storage appliances! A little surprising to see none of the hosts have redundant power supplies.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
My work today Testing before going to the field.
I'd love to get into what you're doing. I need a change in career. I've been pigeonholed where I'm at.

I fear change because I've got amazing medical benefits and other perks where I'm at that are extremely hard to come by in the private sector.

·
Super Moderator
12,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,358
I'd love to get into what you're doing. I need a change in career. I've been pigeonholed where I'm at.

I fear change because I've got amazing medical benefits and other perks where I'm at that are extremely hard to come by in the private sector.
Ditto to to that. Working for a German company our benifits are amazing. European companies treat their people much better than American companies. However, with this "spin-off" I expect the benefits will be eroded. Time will tell ...

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Took a....hike?.... on a path yesterday over at the Big Morongo Preserve yesterday on my way back from 29 Palms and Yucca Valley.

Here are some pictures.

5341 - 5360 of 5397 Posts