TCCoA Forums banner

5361 - 5380 of 5397 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Thunderbird LX 3.8
76 Posts

Just for fun... This is what happens when you back a Town Car into an Edge. Turns out the Town Car was sharper 🤷

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,624 Posts
Ugh I hate it especially when two panels get it. I did it to my Mom’s Nissan Quest with my passenger side mirror when I was running late to high school, bent in the fuel filler door and the quarter panel, she never got it fixed and my mirror didn’t have a scratch after rubbing the silver paint off.

·
Registered
1994 Thunderbird LX 3.8
76 Posts
The worst part is driving a Chevy rental car 🙄😒 My Edge is supposed to be done Wednesday and the mechanic who hasn't fixed my Bird's head gasket is supposed to be doing that this week (not that I haven't heard that before!) Well, that and my Dad having to make a claim. He was going to use his accident forgiveness on Mom's (Lincoln!) LS that he backed into a ladder hanging off a truck. Between him and me... It's been a year.

·
Super Moderator
5,168 Posts
Pics of work I'm doing on my Dodge Dakota.

First off - have you ever missed the cup holder when it's dark at night and you can't see that black holder on that black dash with the lights off?

I fixed that ...

I also like the sequential arrows on the tow mirrors I've seen. They don't offer that for the Dakota ... so I'm doing it myself.

Had to break the mirror glass out; that's not a big deal, the replacement glass is like $17.50/mirror so worth it to me.

The mirror glass will be Gorilla Tape'ed onto the backing at a thickness of tape equal to the LED panels.

Then the LEDs will shine through the glass; darkly, but enough for someone to see at night (and probably in the daytime!)

Both will be nice touches.

That mirror upgrade could be done on a MN12 if you desired; they're available in amber and red both. I picked amber for my Dakota. And they're sequential; inner/middle/out inside of 1/2 second.

RwP

·
Registered
603 Posts
So I took alot today.

The red 90 is down cause I blew a brake line. In a fun way.
So Im driving the 96 again. Which I dont like doing because its already been hit and it scares me to have it happen again.
But holy hell I forgot how much I love driving this car. How it sounds like thunder on a down shift and like lightning with the exhaust crackle. How it spins the tires and doesnt wheel hop. Absolutely love her.
Yes the engine bay is dirty. Its been under a cover for about 3 months.

·
Registered
1994 Thunderbird LX 3.8
76 Posts

I used my 3d printer to make some T-Bird ornaments roughly in the style of my former Bird ('79). Next I need to figure out how to paint PLA if I can figure out what I want. Kind of hoping for an iridescent/opalescent girly thing. Not sure I'm going to be able to coordinate with my raspberry/teal/gray speckled upholstery...

·
Registered
276 Posts
What am I looking at here first 2 pics look like the same thing opposite sides of the radiator, then Thurs picture is on the passenger side just below. Hard to mark items without knowing what they are. I'm too lazy to look it up in the service manual and thought I'd share what 29 years of grime looks like.

·
Super Moderator
7,689 Posts
The first 2 are ground junction blocks, and they ground to the rad support. The 3rd one is the ignition module.

Reactions: Zep5.0

·
Registered
276 Posts
Thanks, they didn't "go anywhere", so I wondered what they could really do. Makes sense. Now having the ignition module there seems off, although not a lot of room under the hood.

·
Super Moderator
7,689 Posts
Actually it’s better up front there. You never hear of the 5.0 MN12s having failed ignition modules, but the Fox body cars with the module on the distributor did have failed modules due to overheating.

Reactions: Zep5.0

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,569 Posts
We had our monthly team lunch meeting today. I have it set up as an alphabetical rotation so each team member in succession chooses the restaurant. This month was a new pizza place that opened up a few months ago (what timing) in Lorain, and when I went to pick it up one of the employees (probably early-mid 20s) was kind enough to help take the stack out to the car with me. As soon as he saw what I was driving he started gushing about how his dad had one when he was younger and how he grew up in one of these. It was nice to hear, though I won't lie - the attention is bittersweet, knowing what's a few years down the road.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
The mountain directly north of me is on fire. The fire is being called the Apple Fire due to it's location to the apple orchards. People who live up there have been evacuated. There has been no loss of of life, no structure damage, and the fire has expanded to 1,900 acres as of the 6:30am update. The first picture I took leaving work yesterday was when the fire was 350 acres.

From my driveway

From the street in front of my house

From the field my neighborhood is adjacent to

He must like wearing out the inside of the tire tread.... Although it's not as bad as most.
No, it's not because of the negative camber. There is something else with this particular Mazda that makes it illegal to drive on public roads.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
These were taken when my wife got home from work. We began to drive around the area to get different vantage points of the fire.

This first one is from the mountain directly south of me on Highway 243. The fire was reported to be 1,500 acres here.

These are from the west side going into unincorporated Riverside County into an area called Cherry Valley.

·
Super Moderator
12,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,380
Is that a helicopter spotlight or are the Aliens looking to beam someone away?

5361 - 5380 of 5397 Posts