TCCoA Forums banner

5741 - 5760 of 5775 Posts

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
FYI, Redguard smells like a dry erase marker. If you liked huffing them as a kid like I did, you'll enjoy the living snot out of this stuff. That, or you'll get yourself a migraine from the strong pungent smell.
Looks like you will be baking a cake for your kids next.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Because I don't live in a flat part of the country. And to think, this very mountain was on fire TWICE in the last 4 months.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
I saw this load on I-65 south this evening.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Same, but really I just lost all my desires and aspirations for mid engined super cars after like 12, they all look like children’s toys to me. Corvette, Ferrari, Mclaren the lot of them.
Not 12. Still want a wedge shaped car with the engine behind my head.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Wedge I can get behind, but supercars have gotten blunt and grotesque since the 90s. Let me put it this way, there are mid engined super cars I like, but they all have pop-up headlights 😁
Another topic we are going to have to agree to disagree about, Matt.

While i would definitely not kick a detomaso pantera GTS, Ferrari 308, or vintage Lotus Espirit out of my garage, pop up headlights are an anachronism that i'm not super excited about. coupled with the march of technology, I like the swoopy, curve soap bar wedges.

A Ferrari 360 manual in baby blue or a Mclaren is definitely something I would want to own if I could stop caring about maintenance costs. Until then (which is not something I expect to encounter anytime soon), I really do think a C8 would scratch my itch.

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
18,073 Posts
To each their own for sure, I prefer historical oddities to technological supremacy, and greatly admire stubbornness - Like Corvette sticking to front engine for all those years, or for that matter the 911 sticking to rear engine(though they did lose some of my adoration when they went to water cooling). Makes for more interesting engineering solutions than subtle brand refinements on an accepted industry standard. Obviously I’m in the minority on that opinion, but eh, I’m not ever buying any of these cars either 🤣

My main thing I was getting at it is no car I can think of has really had the proper doorstop wedge since going to exposed headlights in the post HID/LED era, they inherently require a raised portion to height standards. Pedestrian safety standards haven’t helped either. My last favorite Ferrari was the F355, the 360 looks better to me now but I really hated it when it came out

Headlights aside, what I really hate is exposed unpainted carbon fiber as a styling feature🤮

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
A C8 Corvette would be cool to debadge and then re-badge it with Ferrari badges. Nobody who doesn't know would know and I'd make all the die hard 'vette lovers either hate me adamantly or continue the trend.

Reactions: Grog6

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
A C8 Corvette would be cool to debadge and then re-badge it with Ferrari badges. Nobody who doesn't know would know and I'd make all the die hard 'vette lovers either hate me adamantly or continue the trend.
I dunno, that sounds poser-ish... like someone trying to be a billionaire by gold plating everything he owns.

Now, this is some master-class trolling:

The only thing better would be to throw a Fiero badge on your 328/308/Testarossa. If I ever bought one of those cars, I'd seriously consider it.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I cant stand the 430. The head lights are too thin, the taillights are too high up, and the whole car just looks taller. Even though a lot of people say they look identical. But at the same time, I dont like the Modena. I like the Spider.

I am actually trying to find one. I found a silver Modena manual for sale last year, but the dash was peeling, it was not taken care of, and obviously it was a Modena. Still looking.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
I dunno, that sounds poser-ish... like someone trying to be a billionaire by gold plating everything he owns.

Now, this is some master-class trolling:

The only thing better would be to throw a Fiero badge on your 328/308/Testarossa. If I ever bought one of those cars, I'd seriously consider it.
LOL. That's epic!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
688 Posts
Got my SC timing cover back today. I broke it due to a stuck water passage bolt back in July. Got it off the shelf and cleaned up this week since I got the block and heads back from the machine shop.

Took it into work and got a coworker to TIG weld it back together for me. I think it turned out well. Passed a water test. Still flat across the gasket surface. Very happy with it.

·
Registered
476 Posts

Thought this box looked too short for my purchase. Funny looking manual SC console. Assuming they shipped my console to someone who wanted a spindle for only god knows what... Fully pissed off.

5741 - 5760 of 5775 Posts