TCCoA Forums banner

5761 - 5775 of 5775 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
I figured I could sell the bottom of someone needed one, as black tends to be popular, but the whole piece looked really clean, which is why I bought it.

The owner of the salvage yard emailed me back promptly and said I was the first priority tomorrow morning. That's great and all, but who's to say the person looking for a spindle will ship it back in a manner that doesn't ruin it.

I'll give him a chance to make it right. He said they have new shippers and he was afraid this might happen. Hopefully someone learned a life lesson and I get my console. I'm a long way out from needing it, if I ever do.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
The owner of the salvage yard emailed me back promptly and said I was the first priority tomorrow morning.
Yeah .. Sure thing. I'll get right on that. 😂

I sold some sort of Tbird part a long while back through the forums. I shipped the box at a UPS store and assumed they put my label on my box but can't recall seeing it. The buyer sent me a picture of the package / contents he received were promotional posters for a bank, and the package had my shipping label on it. I ended up sending the buyer another replacement part ( $100 loss for me ). Tried to get a refund through UPS and they gave me the runaround so I took the matter to the manager / franchise owner at the store I shipped it through. He ended up giving me a discount card that saved me more money over the years than I lost on the original shipment.

Good luck with your console top.

·
Registered
476 Posts
They even had the invoice wrong. My name, spindle as the description of part purchased. The amount was correct. I'm fully expecting to get screwed in one way or another. Not getting console, or getting a broken one.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Good news, console was not shipped. They are sending that to me today. I told them I'd drop the spindle off at UPS for them if they got me a label.

He asked if I wanted anything off for my troubles. I said no. He'll call me once everything is done. So my plan is to ask if the car is still there. I'll need the parking brake handle and cables, pedals, slave, and reservoir. Am I missing anything? Just figure while I've got his attention....

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Good news, console was not shipped. They are sending that to me today. I told them I'd drop the spindle off at UPS for them if they got me a label.

He asked if I wanted anything off for my troubles. I said no. He'll call me once everything is done. So my plan is to ask if the car is still there. I'll need the parking brake handle and cables, pedals, slave, and reservoir. Am I missing anything? Just figure while I've got his attention....
Have him grab the clutch and brake pedals for you. Those are made of unobtanium these days. The parking brake would be a secondary item.

Reactions: Zep5.0

·
Registered
476 Posts
He's looking right now. what's a fair price on those? $150 pretty decent since he owes me a solid? TBSC had a set for 250

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
See if you can score the pedals, master cylinder, and fluid reservoir for $150 off this guy.

Reactions: Grog6

·
Registered
476 Posts
They usually only pull the easy stuff and sell very generally a handful of parts off a car and demo it. Trans is gone, or I was thinking BIG package deal. Its in Ohio, so drive-able for the right price. But that what I'm going to lead with. If my car doesn't come together I'll at least make money here.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
I wonder if someone here or who is part of the FB group snagged the pedals.

At least you got the parking brake and assembly. :)

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
18,073 Posts
It’s crazy with those pedals, two years ago I spotted a 89 XR7 in the inventory on victory auto wreckers websight, and dashed over there next day thinking easy money to grab it, and lo and behold the dash had been cut away with a sawzall by someone who snagged them, wasn’t any of the local guys I know either, I wonder if the word got around outside our little cult that they’re valuable

I got the tunnel boot and master reservoir though *****! 😝

5761 - 5775 of 5775 Posts