TCCoA Forums banner

5901 - 5920 of 5958 Posts

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Just came across these at my local Stater Brothers. The white one is an employee's vehicle, but the blue one. That's this first time I see it.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
My 97 has chrome fanblades. They look pretty good, though the chrome on those is a little thin. I picked up 2 extra caps on here for $15. I figured for that price, they could become wall ornaments in the garage, which they did!

Al

·
Super Moderator
13,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,906
Boston Logan tonight.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
These are by no means taken today, or in recent history. These were taken 14yrs ago! I went to the RX8 forum to try and find pictures of my accident when I totaled my RX8, but I was unable to find them. I did however find a bunch of other pictures!

Wheels are Axis Hiro. Front, 245/45/19. Rear, 275/40/19.

If I didn't have my Thunderbird, I'd definitely have another RX8 today. It's not a fast car by any means, but it handles very well in the canyons keeping up with the likes of 350z and BMW 330i.

This is by far my favorite photo of my RX8 that I found.

This is my #2 favorite photo.

·
The Parts Guy
7,497 Posts
In all seriousness, here in SoCal we get rain between mid December - early March. However, this year is a La Niña year so rain will likely be non-existent. California is likely to go back into a draught by spring or summer because of the lack of rain over the 2020 - 2021 winter.

I just performed my annual filter replacement and snapped this picture for comparison. This is Missouri, but we’re out in the woods with a gravel road and so on.

·
Registered
119 Posts
my day at 3 junkyards lawl.. I got about two shifter knobs, the shaft, pcm, blower module, and an older thunder low fuel, coolant, and one more type of indicator.. long day lol. Btw,.is it possible to put that older module that belonged in a 1994 LX into a 97? It's located where the lighter would be.

Attachments

·
Registered
760 Posts

Was the Hondas maintenance day today. Among other things, I changed the trans fluid and filter. Looks a little over due. But no metal fragments in the fluid and the magnet had no shards. And it might be placebo, but the car seems to shift smoother.

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,903 Posts
my day at 3 junkyards lawl.. I got about two shifter knobs, the shaft, pcm, blower module, and an older thunder low fuel, coolant, and one more type of indicator.. long day lol. Btw,.is it possible to put that older module that belonged in a 1994 LX into a 97? It's located where the lighter would be.
All the functions the VMM has were integrated into the 97's cluster. All it did on the earlier cars was act as a redundant set of low fluids warning lights.

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
18,334 Posts
Yeah there’d be no purpose to it, plus originality aside think that module is ugly, the way it’s sunken into the opening triggers my OCD since it doesn’t match the radio or climate control head

I see you grabbed a 94-96 bezel, it’s not going to fit right in a 97

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
And it might be placebo, but the car seems to shift smoother.
You are indeed feeling smoother shifts. I have the same results with mine for about 10k miles after doing an ATF change.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yeah there’d be no purpose to it, plus originality aside think that module is ugly, the way it’s sunken into the opening triggers my OCD since it doesn’t match the radio or climate control head

I see you grabbed a 94-96 bezel, it’s not going to fit right in a 97
Which bezel are you referring to? Some parts I bought were to resell lol...

·
The Parts Guy
7,497 Posts
Which bezel are you referring to? Some parts I bought were to resell lol...
He's referring to the instrument cluster surround panel. That piece changed with the cluster for '97.

·
Registered
119 Posts
He's referring to the instrument cluster surround panel. That piece changed with the cluster for '97.
Damn... I pulled it from a mercury too lol. Rare sight to 🙈.. oh well. I'll galvanize some plastic pieces from it so I can fix mine. The bigger issue is the speedometer cluster bezel.. it has a hairline crack in it. Any advice on how to restore it to be almost seamless??

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
That's a score!

Do you plan on using the entire speedometer?

😛

·
The Parts Guy
7,497 Posts
The 8k tach transfers over as well. You'll need new gauge faces though, as the warning lamps are in different locations on the Taurus faces and the PRND2L portion should be eliminated. Scott Hrbacek was the "go to" guy for new faces for years and years, but I believe he stopped producing them a few years ago.

5901 - 5920 of 5958 Posts