TCCoA Forums banner

5921 - 5940 of 5958 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
The 8k tach transfers over as well. You'll need new gauge faces though, as the warning lamps are in different locations on the Taurus faces and the PRND2L portion should be eliminated. Scott Hrbacek was the "go to" guy for new faces for years and years, but I believe he stopped producing them a few years ago.

View attachment 41338
I want to swap the faces out for black faces with the translucent numbers for the light to shine through. It's probably hard to find but I'll keep looking. I also saw some nice incremental guage faces that looks like some out of need for speed.
The 8k tach transfers over as well. You'll need new gauge faces though, as the warning lamps are in different locations on the Taurus faces and the PRND2L portion should be eliminated. Scott Hrbacek was the "go to" guy for new faces for years and years, but I believe he stopped producing them a few years ago.

View attachment 41338
Look at what I came across.. 🤪👹
getting close to finding 150mph glow swap outs. As you stated before, the other indicator symbols are in an different place for the bird.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Do you plan on parting out your Taurus cluster if you manage to get those white faces?

·
The Parts Guy
7,497 Posts
I want to swap the faces out for black faces with the translucent numbers for the light to shine through. It's probably hard to find but I'll keep looking. I also saw some nice incremental guage faces that looks like some out of need for speed.

Look at what I came across.. 🤪👹 View attachment 41341 getting close to finding 150mph glow swap outs. As you stated before, the other indicator symbols are in an different place for the bird.
Right; neither Taurus faces nor MN12 faces will be correct. You need a custom made set.

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,904 Posts

Look at what I came across.. 🤪👹getting close to finding 150mph glow swap outs. As you stated before, the other indicator symbols are in an different place for the bird.
This is what I did.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
I took this today when traveling to one of our sites today. It's not the first accident I've seen, but it's definitely not the worst. I can say that I've seen one where it was obvious the vehicle occupant(s) didn't make it. Then there's another where the driver may or may not have made it, but if there was anyone in the rear passenger seats it was clear that they didn't make it.

Anyway, the black Chevy Equinox and the white....Civic?....in the back parking lot in front of the Dominos there was teh other car involved. Either one car ran a red light or both were making left / right turns and weren't paying attention.

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
18,334 Posts
I took this today when traveling to one of our sites today. It's not the first accident I've seen, but it's definitely not the worst. I can say that I've seen one where it was obvious the vehicle occupant(s) didn't make it. Then there's another where the driver may or may not have made it, but if there was anyone in the rear passenger seats it was clear that they didn't make it.

Anyway, the black Chevy Equinox and the white....Civic?....in the back parking lot in front of the Dominos there was teh other car involved. Either one car ran a red light or both were making left / right turns and weren't paying attention.

View attachment 41453
Worst one I ever saw was this, coincidentally also involving a Chevy Equinox. I wasn’t as close as you, but saw it happen from across the bay sitting on the balcony at the hotel I was staying at on the beach side, had a direct view of the causeway, the bus looked like it got air when the Chevy hit it, and watched the whole rescue operation. Chevy driver later died, luckily there weren’t any kids on the bus which I didn’t know at the time.

·
The Parts Guy
7,497 Posts
The Coug failed me for the first time in over five years today. I went to take it out for a "de-stress drive" and it just cranked and cranked. 😕 Not helping my stress level, Coug! Of course it had to be sitting NEXT to the lift instead of ON the lift, too.

I popped the hood, simply touched my finger to the crank sensor connection, then tried the ignition again. It fired right up. 😃 A quick three-car-shuffle later and it's on the lift, ready for me to address the crank sensor/connection. It's going to have to wait a minute though, as some important boxes just arrived for the C10.

·
Administrator
1997 Thunderbird LX
8,491 Posts
Good to hear that you could troubleshoot it so quickly. Truck's looking good! (y)

Joe

Reactions: Grog6

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
18,334 Posts
I had a splice in the wiring to the CKP go bad 3 blocks away from home once, me and a really helpful neighbor I had never talked to before helped me push the heavy beast all the way back to my house. I felt so relieved once I figured out the problem(albeit bittersweet because it was of my own doing)

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Instead of working on the bathroom like I wanted to, I've been tackling this impromptu kitchen sink backup since last night. After troubleshooting the issue, I know it's behind / in the wall.

I've already run my snake from the stub and it got about 7 - 10ft in before stopping somewhere...I'm thinking a T-joint. I also ran a 1gal bottle of drain cleaner and the issue still persists.

·
The Parts Guy
7,497 Posts
Good to hear that you could troubleshoot it so quickly. Truck's looking good! (y)

Joe
Yeah, I knew I had fuel pressure (there's a fuel pressure gauge under the cowl) and I could tell it wasn't getting spark by the sound of it, so I had a pretty good/hopeful hunch that it was crank sensor related. And thanks! I blew the truck apart about a month ago to install a Vintage Air setup during a 25-day vacation from work. Unfortunately the kit arrived here 29 days late, 4 days after I went back to work. :/ I did get the inner and outer fenders painted, as well as a bunch of work done on the Buick, though.

I had a splice in the wiring to the CKP go bad 3 blocks away from home once, me and a really helpful neighbor I had never talked to before helped me push the heavy beast all the way back to my house. I felt so relieved once I figured out the problem(albeit bittersweet because it was of my own doing)
I was really really glad that it fired right up after I touched the crank sensor connector, as I was contemplating whether or not it was going to be worth the effort to push the car out of the shop, turn it around, and push it up onto the lift. I wasn't looking forward to pushing that heavy ass car around either.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
You should call a plumber. 😂

No cleanouts ? Those guys dont use tee fittings, just san-tees and combos. Your snake might be caught on an obstruction or a build up in a joint fitting. Take off the J pipe out of the San tee before you run the the snake.

If youre not pulling out a clog and instead pushing it down the line you might need a longer snake.

The P trap doesnt need to recess into the cabinet, and youre missing an escussion ring. 🤔

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
You should call a plumber. 😂

No cleanouts ? Those guys dont use tee fittings, just san-tees and combos. Your snake might be caught on an obstruction or a build up in a joint fitting. If youre not pulling out a clog and instead pushing it down the line you might need a longer snake.

The P trap doesnt need to recess into the cabinet, and youre missing an escussion ring. 🤔
I did call a plumber. But they're closed until Monday. Their Sunday rates are exuberant, lol.

The clean out is above the stub, buy why use the clean out when I have the stub exposed? The main clean out is in front of the house right by the water main before going into the house. Part of troubleshooting was to see if we got water backup there and we didn't. Then we checked the bathroom under construction and there was no backup there either. We checked our other bathroom for backup and it was good there also. The sink for the bathroom under construction is about 15ft away from the kitchen sink. If the thinking is correct, then the kitchen drain line links up somewhere with the bathroom drain line somewhere within that 15ft span.

The reason why I think it's a T-joint is because I've done this before and an obstruction - in my experience - hasn't been this difficult to push through. An obstruction of gunk / hair build up has been like pushing through a big was of Play-Doh and eventually allows my snake to go through. This obstruction forces my snake to bind up and not go any further down the sewer line.

I just picked up a bottle of drain cleaner and will use the entire gallon and let it sit overnight. Hopefully that clears up the issue for good (or at least several years).

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Cleanouts supposed to be below the san tee for the sink drain. Otherwise its useless.

If you drew a line from the bathroom ( drain to sewer ) to the exterior cleanout .. Your sinks should tee into that main line with san tees .. If its built to code .. Hard 90 tees are not legal.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Maybe mine is upside down? IDK. My stub is below what should be a clean out port.

Were hard 90* elbow a thing before 1965? My house was built in 1960.

I'm not sure how my lines join at the main sewer line. My front bathroom (the one under construction) has the tub literally like 10ft from the main sewer line. The same bathroom sink is about 15ft away. The kitchen would then be about 25ft away or so.

I'd love to get blue prints / schematics for the house, but our city hall of records had a fire back in the 89s destroying a butt load of documents, many of which included said drawings.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Yes they made san tees back in the 60s .. Most likely its all 2 inch galvanized with threaded fittings. Is there a crawl space or is your sewer all in the slab ?

5921 - 5940 of 5958 Posts