TCCoA Forums banner

41 - 60 of 5120 Posts

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Cool Nick ! I finished locksmith school last year, That has always been a hobby of mine so I got my degree in it ;)

·
Registered
839 Posts
I see ya'll are posting some spiders! :Dhaha... Heres some beadwork from some of our local artists here on the rez that i had purchased.
Heres My spider, Made from buffalo hide, sinyew, beads.

Heres one of violent J that my mother in law made me for my birthday lol

·
Super Moderator
11,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
OOOhhh! Octoberfest! It's that time of year. I've had my eye out for the Sam Adams Octoberfest. That and their Winter Lager are some of my favorites.

Oh, and Pumpkin Ale. Right Joe? ;)

I see ya'll are posting some spiders! :Dhaha... Heres some beadwork from some of our local artists here on the rez that i had purchased.
Heres My spider, Made from buffalo hide, sinyew, beads.
Nice! I always admire the Native American art work.

·
Administrator
8,009 Posts
OOOhhh! Octoberfest! It's that time of year. I've had my eye out for the Sam Adams Octoberfest. That and their Winter Lager are some of my favorites.

Oh, and Pumpkin Ale. Right Joe? ;)
I was surprised at the Octoberfest beer that was out when I went in store last night! :D

And there's plenty of Pumpkin Ale too Ron! :zbeer:

Joe

·
Super Moderator
11,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
If you guys want to post pictures of your firearms please do so in this thread.

Since there's already a thread dedicated to firearms lets save this thread for everything else.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Here's two I took Friday

This one was at my work. Calculating how accurate the end area method is. Turns out it was not as accurate as I had hoped (about 15% off) but I did find another formula that was much more accurate -within 10% or less everytime. So that was kinda cool.

Here's the other one.. Friday night car show.

Its the 70. Favorite mustang of all time. Turns out it wasn't real :( but my dad had a real one and it was orange.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts

I was taking a couple of pics of my new ham radio antenna on the Fiesta. Its a Diamond CR-77 dual band with a 3.5" magnetic mount. I think it looks pretty good and it works great!

·
Super Moderator
11,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I always wondered ... please tell me.

What's the appeal of having a ham radio in your car? What makes these more desirable than say a CB or just picking up your cell phone to talk to the world?

·
Registered
276 Posts
I think your asking the wrong question. I think the question should be why not.

·
Super Moderator
11,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I'm very ham illiterate so bear with me.

What do you do with your ham radio in the car? Eavesdrop on the cops? :D (which - I think - is very illegal).

What are the other uses for the radio?

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Ham Radio, in a nutshell

I use 2 meter FM, which is just below the old analog police band (144mhz). I tie into the signal repeaters that are either club sponsored or privetely owned to increase my distance over a larger area. I put out about 10 watts, but the repeaters can get me 30-40 miles or so.

I mostly use it to talk to my Dad, who is retired and has a base station. We talk for about 5-10 minutes during my commute to Detroit. Its a nice way to keep in contact and my Dad enjoys it.

CB is just too noisy and the antennas are too big. These days, you have to run more then the FCC allowed 4 watts to get any kind of distance. While I enjoy a good laugh on the CB band with the truck drivers and locals, if you want serious communication without being bothered, Ham Radio is the way to go.

41 - 60 of 5120 Posts