TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know many of us have had vehicles that we got rid of for one reason or the other. And we've been kicking our selves ever since... :bawling:

So like the post says, post the vehicle that you wish you had never gotten rid of.

I'll start:

65 Mustang 2+2: 302, C4, 2.80 posi, beautiful white and red interior…

First car I ever owned. It went with me from VA, to NY, to AZ, to CA, to WA, (where it received a custom paint job: Autumn Maple Metallic with Medium Gold Shelby stripes down the middle) to DC, to AL where I sold it for $1000… :bawling:

I have MANY very good memories from that car!!!

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I miss lots of cars I had. No real reason, it's not like they were worth a lot of $$ like say, a Super CobraJet car or BB Hemi car. Still.....it always came down to 2 things in the way. Time, and Money. If I had one, I wouldn't have the other. Never could get both at the same time, so instead of torturing myself with them, I had to let them go. Here's only one, because it's one of very few pics I still have since my "Great PC Crash of '08"

My '74 Dodge Dart Swinger. The perfect home for the Muscle Motors 474ci stroker motor I had, btw. Hard to beat the power/weight ratio....for better or worse. Sadly, that motor never made it's way into the car, and because the car deserved more $$ than I had at the time.......it was sold to some kid down the road for a fair price, who proceded to beat the living snot out of the thing up to and all the way into the salvage yard. sigh. Yeah, I know. So what. ;)

·
$.25 poster
1,900 Posts
i used to feel that way about my t-bird.....untill i got it back

·
SuperNewbie
2,869 Posts
I had a 68 Shelby GT 500 clone I bought in 1990 for $6500. It originally was a 1967 Mustang GT with a 390. Someone wrecked a real GT500 then the 428/4speed and fiberglass parts went onto my car before I bought it. It also had a 3.89:1 trac loc rear end and full length headers. It was LOUD and fast. I worked on it for a summer, and made it better. Then I drove it to Michigan from Nevada and sold it to a friend for $12500. It's the only car I ever made money on... and I didn't even own it for a year.
I'll scan my old photos and post some pics eventually. It was a very fun car.

·
One And Only!
1,712 Posts
Main reason why I chose to keep mine and will never sell it:)

·
Super Moderator
7,480 Posts
The only car I've ever sold that I miss is my 79 firebird.
http://www.putfile.com/pic/8261047/?action=zoom
http://www.putfile.com/pic/8261048/?action=zoom

I was young and broke, and I blew it up running 120 down the highway with no overdrive, and I needed a car, so I sold it with a blown motor on ebay for $600. Starting only a couple months after I sold it though, I wished I hadn't. Every so often when I had some extra cash, I would look for another one, and I finally found an almost duplicate of it, only difference is its an 80 instead of a 79, but its another formula without T-tops, and it was in NJ, so I bought it before ever seeing it. This one is in a little bit rougher shape than my 79 was, but its what I was looking for, and almost all the 79-81 firebirds you see are T/As, so to me its worth putting this one back together. Once its back though, I don't think I'll ever sell it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts