TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am looking into a new Power Acoustik TS980-2 amp for about 150.00 and are wondering what do this company ratings falls into? Legacy, Pyramid, Boss etc. group or is the Power Acoustik rate higher than them? Appreciate any feedbacks.

Kenny :)

·
Registered
974 Posts
I think they are definately a good deal better than pyramid, although they arn't JL or infinity by any means. I actually have two power acoustik amps for sale. One is an 1800 watt and one is a 1000 watt. Let me tell you the 1800 watt puts out some serious power, it's very respectable. I'm looking for $150 for the 1800 watt and $120 for the 1000.

the 1000 watt has deal VU meters, a plexi glass top and a fan.

the 1800 has strobe lights that go to the beat of the music, kind of a gimmic but cool.

Both are in new shape, let me know if you are intrested.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
95BLKLSC said:
I think they are definately a good deal better than pyramid, although they arn't JL or infinity by any means. I actually have two power acoustik amps for sale. One is an 1800 watt and one is a 1000 watt. Let me tell you the 1800 watt puts out some serious power, it's very respectable. I'm looking for $150 for the 1800 watt and $120 for the 1000.

the 1000 watt has deal VU meters, a plexi glass top and a fan.

the 1800 has strobe lights that go to the beat of the music, kind of a gimmic but cool.

Both are in new shape, let me know if you are intrested.
got pics?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I would had jump on the 1800 for that price but seems like too much power for me and would be a waste of not using it up. I'm planning on to run just a mid price 10" MTX 4000 woofer. No extrme bass here, too old for that. :D

Kenny

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Dont look at max ratings. Look at the RMS. And just little tips. Bass Boost on amp is off, and gain shouldnt be more than 75%. Otherthan that, rock on

And im pretty sure you know how to match ohm ratings and power as well

·
Registered
974 Posts
yea i can take a few. The 1800 watt guy just needs some new strobe lights, but I'd replace them before I sent it. I'll take a few pics and post them up tomorrow.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I haven't forgotten about you. I can't find my cam cable right now, I'll get pics of up tonight or tomorrow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts