TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope someone can help. searched on here no luck so far. just bought another 97 bird w/premium sound. Someone has swapped in an jvc stereo, they tried to use a multifit wiring adapter harness. Antenna mast was broken completely off and never heard antenna trying to raise or lower. bought "oreilly" fits many vehicles power antenna and swapped that. head unit comes on dont get any antenna activity or sound at all. I don't have a clue whether they did a decent job of connecting head unit. I am under the impression there is an antenna control module somewhere I haven't found yet. I am assuming the unit hidden below the ashtray is the amlpilfier. Can anybody point me in the right direction for finding said power antenna control module and any wiring diagrams for same. I really wish had the stock radio I don't need to rock out just want to be able to listen to a couple local stations. I have a list of wire colors found on another site but it doesn't show anything for antenna controls. If this is posted in the wrong section please point me to the right one and maybe answers I seek are already there, thanks.

·
The Parts Guy
7,376 Posts
IIRC, the power antenna control module was located forward of the glovebox, but it's been quite some time since I dealt with one. I'd start by checking for power/ground at the antenna itself, then verify that the head unit is wired to provide a signal to the antenna module.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts