TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to remove the mast for my power antenna. I removed the nut, stantion and retaining nut and the mast will not pull out. I had two hands pulling as hard as I could and it won't budge! I am under the assumtion that it can be replaced from outside of the fender. Is this true or is there more stuff to remove from inside the fender well before the mast will pull out?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
You have to pull out the whole power unit, the mast is attached to the motor. You have to pull out the plastic under the fender and do it from underneath, least on my 90.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I removed the mounting nut, the stanchion and the retaining nut per the Ford install pic you posted and the mast still won't come out. With the hardware removed, I run the antenna up with power and grip the mast to try and pull it out but it just stops at full up and goes no further! Is the mast that hard to pull out? Has anyone replaced the mast from outside the fender only like Ford says you can?

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
When mine failed, I tried to get it out from the outside like Ford said. I did eventually get it out without going through the fender... by beating it with a ballpeen hammer until the trim ring cracked and it fell into the fender. Of course, I had planned to shave the antenna anyway, so if you want to keep yours, you'll probably have to go from inside the fender.

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
You have to take the whole assembly out. Just remove the fasteners from the back half of the wheel well liner, and turn the front wheels all the way to the right. You will now have enough access to get at the antenna unit. There is a small phillips head screw at the base of the mast, that you have to take out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts