TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Tinfoil hat wearer
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched but i couldn't find what i was looking for. I got the power antenna and the control module out of a 97 thunderbird bird and i'm putting it into my 96 that has/had a manual antenna. The two wires that go to the mast itself are obvious but i need to know what all the wires that come to the control module do.

Red - Positve constant hot or Accessory?
Black - Ground
Red and yellow - ?
Green and purple - ?
Orange and blue -?
Yellow and black -?
Green and yellow ?
Red and Purple -?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
If the antenna in the T-Bird is anything like the Mark VIII, they're really bizarre!! In the Mark VIII, positive voltage is applied from one wire for about 10 seconds to make it go up, and a *different* positive voltage is applied for about 10 seconds to go down. That's why most aftermarket antennas won't work - most just go up with positive voltage, turn themselves off, then when the voltage itself turns off, they go back down. The Mark VIII antenna doesn't work that way, I'm not sure about the T-Bird...

Good Luck!

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
The antennax.com kit works fairly well for non-power antenna equipped cars. Al and I just installed it in my car this weekend. It's only 30 bucks, and you just need to hook up a ground, 12V, and the command wire from the head unit to get it to work. You might need the trim piece and nut from Ford as well, about 6-7 bucks total in parts there. Just a thought, it may be easier to get and install that and sell what you have now. :)

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
OK - here's the antenna diagram for the '96 T-Bird. Unfortunatley, this is all the better quality the image on the dvd is - you might want to enlarge it. And I was right - it does use a separate up and down voltage, but if you've got the module, you're probably all right...

·
Tinfoil hat wearer
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Dude, you rock! I'll get to working on it this weekend

1 - 5 of 5 Posts