TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok when i powert brake my car it does great :D but the problem is is that only the left rear tire spins but the other left don't, I think. But i was wondering what could make them both spin at the same time? Would a 5.0 make it work? Thanks :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
My 96 V6 when i power brake it i belive that both tires spin. I think that they just swith back and forth between thte tires. Were as my SC spins both on them at the same time. I dont know about the V8 ones though. Which model do you have?

·
Registered
940 Posts
Well Posi end or extra 200hp should make both tires spin

·
Registered
935 Posts
My 90 also only spins one tire for it doesn't have trac-loc but if you want both tires to spin get them damp and then go for it. I got both of them to spin by doing this but it took a while for the other tire to engage.

-Tim

·
8,239 Posts
Do a search for trac loc. Seeing as you have the 7.5'' v6 rear end, you will want to upgrade that to the 8.8'' SC/V8 rear.

A guy by the name of Decy posts on here seldomly, but always has a few that he rebuilds.

"8.8 Traction Lok Pumpkins
IRON CASE
3.27 used takeouts...$150
3.55 used parts (in good condition) freshened up and new seals...$350
3.73 used parts (in good condition) freshened up and new seals...$350

ALUMINUM CASE
3.73 fresh, new FRPP gears, in a low mileage 99 Cobra takeout pumpkin, and new seals...$500

Shipping is extra. E-mail me if interested."

Check out the thread http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2661&highlight=decy

And send him a email seeing what he thinks.

Justin

89T-BirdLX said:

Where could i get one of these at? And how much?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Careful with the power braking

Most cars today cannot handle the abuse say an old muscle car from the 60's could take. Careful when power braking....13 year old factory parts can get weak......you could snap a motor mount, blow the tranny, snap a u-joint, or even worse do damage to your rear axle. Just my 2 cents......

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey JustinH....remember there are a few V6 cars out there with a factory 8.8!

94 LX V6, 4 wheel disc, ABS and 8.8

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Re: Careful with the power braking

teebyrd92 said:
Most cars today cannot handle the abuse say an old muscle car from the 60's could take. Careful when power braking....13 year old factory parts can get weak......you could snap a motor mount, blow the tranny, snap a u-joint, or even worse do damage to your rear axle. Just my 2 cents......
i'd rather break a halfshaft than a tranny any day.... i've busted a half shaft on my 90 3.8 n/a.... and well.. the mechanic had it fixed in literally 30 minutes. i had it towed to his shop, and it was in the street next to the shop (it was sunday and the lot was closed..) he just jacke dit up int he street, changed it, and it was fine. it was only 130 or something final cost parts and labor. however, a tranny woulda costed 1600.... yea... well... u-joints, motor mounts those are bound to go eventually anyways. that reminds.. i need a new right hand motor mount, all the fluid leaked out after 12 years... the left one is solid rubber already so im fine there.. -greg

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
It seems kinda wierd leaving 1 burnt rubber line. Different tires worked for me. I got new tires and it's better.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
93pimpin said:
It seems kinda wierd leaving 1 burnt rubber line. Different tires worked for me. I got new tires and it's better.
yea.. thats wierd cause kyle (chrometip) got sc rims and new tires and he's been leaving two pretty much all the time. -greg

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
I had 1 bald tire and 1 that had most of the tread left.:D
3 different tire types.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
De-ghettoization? What was ghetto about it? Is that the year with the big grill that comes up into the hood?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts