TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday morning the car felt it just lost power. Boost is good. Tune up 2months ago. Everthing.

I did WOT it the night before yesterday. No smoke and or smell. Eshaust sounds quiter as while. Oil look still new. Have only put 400miles after tune up.

What i think is the problem is after searching a bit. My plugs. I did use bosch plugs which i'm hearing is a no no. I'm going to pull some out tonihgt and take alook!

Another thing. I did the 185 tstat and wire trick on the fan which is always on. Temp never gets to N. So i think i'm runnin rich as while!

It just crossed my mind. I did put cheap gas the other day. It was 91 but cheap gas. That my be the problem!

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Where does it lose boost at?

What RPM?

Is it losing it all the time?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not losing boost but more of a lag. Lower rpms crusing. Slugging like. If i WOT it moves but felt better. Almost at all rpms WOT or crusing.:confused: if that makes sence! like a 20% power lose at all rpms.

I'm going to go fill up at shells right now and see what happens. I had put 10bucks of arco and is almost low. Hope this works! If not i'm going to go buy some autolites 103 and put them in tonight.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Not losing boost but more of a lag. Lower rpms crusing. Slugging like. If i WOT it moves but felt better. Almost at all rpms WOT or crusing.:confused: if that makes sence! like a 20% power lose at all rpms.

I'm going to go fill up at shells right now and see what happens. I had put 10bucks of arco and is almost low. Hope this works! If not i'm going to go buy some autolites 103 and put them in tonight.
Sorry I just skimmed through and thought you said it lost boost.If it was my car I would check maybe air filter,MAF,fuel filter????Also try running some seafoam through it.Maybe that will help.

Good luck.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Saw your thread on SCCOA as well

First question I have, has your vacuum dropped as well?
With the quieter exhaust, I would suspect one or both cats to be clogged-either melted, or coming apart inside.

Nick

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
First question I have, has your vacuum dropped as well?
With the quieter exhaust, I would suspect one or both cats to be clogged-either melted, or coming apart inside.

Nick
Good call on the cats,I didn't even think about that.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Arco is perfectly fine for gas. Shell on the other hand I refuse to use. There was a special on CNN a year or so ago and they revealed Shell use some of the lowest quality oils for there fuel. May have changed since then, but still not interested. I will stick with Chevron.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So i put shell gas in and got some power back as while as sound. I quess i got a bad batch of gas. I'm still going to drop the eshaust and pull plugs out and change motor mounts. Going to start in like 20mins after this Full Throttle kicks in. lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yep 5sp Black grey leather.

All the spark plugs looked good but still swaped them with the 103 gapped at .40

Also pulled exashet system out and damn three cats :bs:

Fule pressure test 39 roughly. Took about three cranks of the key to build it to 39. And this is after i bleed the line. I would think after you bleed the line for air it would build up straight to 39 psi on the first try. (not starting on, turning to the on postion)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts