TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spotted links to this build in a thread over at SCCoA.

Part 1

Part 2

The project is still active and should get a final show.

Reactions: eriejerry

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,513 Posts
All that power with shitty stock calipers and Holey rotors. And they called the shocks struts. And they torqued the UCAs in droop. And they butchered a cupholder console top for a godawful ratchet shifter.

Wasnt this from like 10 years ago?

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
Yes, it looks like it's the same thing as the 2011 show.

What's old is new again, lol.

·
Super Moderator
17,513 Posts
Yes, it looks like it's the same thing as the 2011 show.

What's old is new again, lol.
Ironically these two episodes are the ones I never saw when new, I rage quit when they yanked the stock fuel tank because they couldn’t run dual exhaust lol

I’m betting that engine and trans has long since been liberated from that car, and the car itself was probably scrapped by now

·
Registered
238 Posts
I actually like the idea of the bracing where the stock tank location is. Plus that's the perfect spot to put a pair of mufflers ?. That paint and those wheels though...woof! Had the third episode been dropped on YT, yet?

·
Super Moderator
12,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All that power with shitty stock calipers and Holey rotors. And they called the shocks struts. And they torqued the UCAs in droop. And they butchered a cupholder console top for a godawful ratchet shifter.

Wasnt this from like 10 years ago?

I cringed too when they cut the cupholder too for that god awful shift handle.

·
Super Moderator
3,613 Posts
I'm going to nickname you guys "Gold Brick". I could give you a gold brick and you would ***** that it's too heavy.

OK, the fishy part here is that Turbo Chuck is gone and has been for quite a while. I have a set of the motor mounts they show and they definitely aren't made anymore.

·
Registered
238 Posts
That shifter had the longest throw I've ever seen. I feel like moving it up an inch would have allowed for less of a hack. The functionality is neat, but not worth the effort if ruining the console. Pretty sad they never showed the car on the road. As stated before I'm sure it was parted out shortly thereafter..

·
Super Moderator
17,513 Posts
I'm going to nickname you guys "Gold Brick". I could give you a gold brick and you would * that it's too heavy.

OK, the fishy part here is that Turbo Chuck is gone and has been for quite a while. I have a set of the motor mounts they show and they definitely aren't made anymore.
It’s from 2011, and I know fools gold when I see it ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts