TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay here is the deal. Last Thursday I noticed my power steering fluid was leaking, I would fill up the reservoir and half the fluid in the reservoir would leak out as I drove in about 20 minutes. I take my car to NTB and they tell me the line from the pump to the rack is bad. I get this repaired. I pick the car up Saturday evening and start the car. I have no power steering and fluid is leaking from my car rapidly. I give the car back to them. The next day they fix the problem and tell me a hose clamp was on incorrectly. They correct the situation at no cost.

So this past weekend, one week later, I start my car up on around noon. I have no power steering and all the fluid leaks in the same manner as before. I have my car towed to NTB. They call me today and tell me my pump is bad. I had the pump replaced about 3 years but that may be insignificant.

I am not that technically savvy, but I need some help here. Are they just trying to get more money out of me and get out of any accountability? BTW, 1994 T-bird V8. I just don't believe them and have little faith after all these circumstances.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
they didnt replace the seal on the rack, did they? make them disconnect and reseal the hi pressure fitting at the pump. Its not the pump, its a fitting seal on the hi pressure line and its in one of two places, the pump or the rack.

or they FUBAR'd the threads on the hi pressure fitting on the rack, make them drop it all and inspect it.

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
I used to work for NTB's parent company tire Kingdom. Some of their techs are not that... um...intelligent. they hire ppl off the street and "train" them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts