TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Been a lurker for a bit and this is my first post. I crushed the metal tube on the high pressure hose that connects to the pump and am wondering if there is a way to "uncrimp" it with maybe a torch or even just replace the metal tube part. I've seen a lot about replacing part of the hose and the connection to the tube so I'm thinkin there has to be a way to do the same with replacing metal part but I'm just not finding it. What am I missing?
20200617_133400.jpg

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
It's $35 on RA; why **** with it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Because money is tight and I also have to replace the radiator and the power brake booster as well so I'm trying to save money where I can.so I'm trying to find out if this is a spot that I can do that on.

Also being that you can do it with replacing part of the hose it piqued my interest. I love learning alternative ways of doing things.

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,513 Posts
It’s not standard hose, the PS pressure can exceed 1000PSI and anything you do short of replacing that hose assembly won’t be a fix, it’ll blow out and make a mess. If it were a return/cooler line there’s room to improvise, but not on the pressure side, it’s like hydraulic brake lines, alternative ways don’t work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts